Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Headers

    Is there any difference between a 75 Cordoba 400 and a 75 Charger with 400? Hooker has a set of headers for a 75 Cordoba with 400 ONLY but we have a 75 Charger with 400 and I don't understand what the difference would be. Anybody have any ideas on this, thanks Roy
    1975 Charger SE E68 323
    1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
    1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
    1979 Magnum XE 360-4

  • #2
    Roy, as far as I know, Charger and Cordoba are the same car, with different trim. When I worked at the Chrysler dealership, we had a new Cordoba arrive with Charger trim on one side, and Cordoba trim on the other side.....including the interior pieces and quarter windows! Lol!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
      Roy, as far as I know, Charger and Cordoba are the same car, with different trim. When I worked at the Chrysler dealership, we had a new Cordoba arrive with Charger trim on one side, and Cordoba trim on the other side.....including the interior pieces and quarter windows! Lol!
      Must have just gotten back from a smoke & toke break and forgotten
      what car they were working on. :ROFLMAO:

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks R-body that would have been a Collector Car for sure! and yeah, Chris, what were they smokin? Always thought they were the same except for trim.
        1975 Charger SE E68 323
        1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
        1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
        1979 Magnum XE 360-4

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dobaroy View Post
          Thanks R-body that would have been a Collector Car for sure! and yeah, Chris, what were they smokin? Always thought they were the same except for trim.

          We had to go to the parts book and order all of the parts to convert it back to a Cordoba, before we could sell it!

          Comment


          • #6
            My father in law had a Volare wagon....but it had an Aspen badge on the tailgate. That kind of stuff happened more often than most realize.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think when it comes to Mopars, a lot of vendors don't have a clue. Maybe what happened here is they made up a set of tubes and had a Cordoba as the trial fit car but didn't have a Charger and they don't know if they are the same so it doesn't get listed.

              Comment


              • #8
                You are probably right Cranky, just wanted to check what you guys thought before we went ahead and ordered them.
                1975 Charger SE E68 323
                1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
                1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
                1979 Magnum XE 360-4

                Comment


                • #9
                  So, is there any difference between a 75 Cordoba with a 400 to a 77 with a 400? I am looking for header options.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm betting that 75-78 Forgotten Bs with a 400 are identical under the hood
                    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
                    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
                    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                      I think when it comes to Mopars, a lot of vendors don't have a clue. Maybe what happened here is they made up a set of tubes and had a Cordoba as the trial fit car but didn't have a Charger and they don't know if they are the same so it doesn't get listed.
                      Many go by what is the more popular car or what they tried it on. Sometimes they say it fits even though it doesn't and sometimes they don't say it fits even though it does.
                      '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

                      '77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by XCELLR8 View Post
                        So, is there any difference between a 75 Cordoba with a 400 to a 77 with a 400? I am looking for header options.
                        The '77 would have had an aspirator tube running from the back of an exhaust manifold to the bottom of the air cleaner. I'm not sure the '75 would have had this. If the headers were meant to maintain factory emission equipment, some provision for that aspirator tube would have to be part of the header design. It's the only real difference I can think of.
                        WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

                        www.cordobaclubusa.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          On our '77 with 400 we have Michael Schumaker Tri-Y's and they fit really good.
                          1975 Charger SE E68 323
                          1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
                          1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
                          1979 Magnum XE 360-4

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
                            The '77 would have had an aspirator tube running from the back of an exhaust manifold to the bottom of the air cleaner. I'm not sure the '75 would have had this. If the headers were meant to maintain factory emission equipment, some provision for that aspirator tube would have to be part of the header design. It's the only real difference I can think of.
                            I don't think anyone makes headers like that for any MoPars.
                            '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

                            '77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dobaroy View Post
                              On our '77 with 400 we have Michael Schumaker Tri-Y's and they fit really good.
                              Those are the ones I was thinking about, just trying to find something that is a little less $$$$ and fit.

                              Emissions will not be an issue as I plane on a 451 stroker or revamped 400 with higher compression.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X