Rotor ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotor ??

Need some help on 79 magum rotors I ordered new ones and the part store sent to deferent ones, what kind of rotors does every one have ????
    still cant post pics here !!

Can't help ya on the rotors but do you have an account at a photo hosting site? Once you have, then you can import pics here from there. You upload to the photo hosting site straight from your puter then use the IMG tags to bring them here....

Comment

Originally posted by HOTROD
      Need some help on 79 magum rotors I ordered new ones and the part store sent to deferent ones, what kind of rotors does every one have ????
      still cant post pics here !!

What do you mean by two different rotors??

Are they a different size, or is the difference that one has the cooling fins on the hub, and one does not? Either way, you should use the ones with the cooling fins, regardless of size, as a matched set. Ideally, if you upgrade from 10.98" to 11.75" rotors, you will need to change the caliper brackets to the taller ones, but the calipers and pads should be the same! I believe your Magnum should have the 11.75" rotors, but they may or may not be HD with fins. ??

There are standard 10.98" brake rotors for HNFG cars, and 11.75" for ETSX cars. I recommend the HD police semi-metallic pads with your new rotors. I have a couple of sets of NOS Mopar pads, if you need them!
      Last edited by R-body_mopar; 09-16-2010, 08:06 AM. Reason: corrected info.

Comment

part numbers even? where did you buy them?
        1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
        2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

The rotors -were the outer bearing goes one is square cut ] and one is milled the corner edges off and looks stock fractory and is from canada -the other one has nothing on it and they are wearever YH 141132 ??!!

Comment

DONT buy brake parts from Advance Autoparts......they are JUNK. Find a parts store that sells Raybestos pads and rotors. Raybestos part number 5579. You DONT want to put Advance rotors on a car as heavy as a Magnum. I put Raybestos pads and rotors on my Doba, they are fine. I have been an Auto parts manager and counter person for 20 years, and worked at Advance. We had more warranty returns from repair shops in the year that I worked there that I have ever seen.

Comment

yeah, those are the right part number... might just need to exchange them for ones where the bearing races have been pressed in.

I've always used advance and have never had a problem. In fact, I bought those same rotors early this year and they are sitting on my challenger right now!

As for junk, they do have the "ribs" that the HD rotors had from the factory, and they checked out fine on the lathe at work (I turned down the register to fit Mustang Rims) even after ~1k miles and 2 autocrosses.

HOTROD - sounds like you just got a defective pair.
              1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
              2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by CudaZappa View Post
                yeah, those are the right part number... might just need to exchange them for ones where the bearing races have been pressed in.

I've always used advance and have never had a problem. In fact, I bought those same rotors early this year and they are sitting on my challenger right now!

As for junk, they do have the "ribs" that the HD rotors had from the factory, and they checked out fine on the lathe at work (I turned down the register to fit Mustang Rims) even after ~1k miles and 2 autocrosses.

Mismatched rotors its just the visual thing !!

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Originally posted by CudaZappa View Post

By chance do you have a pic of your rotor ??????
                I have pics and cant post them !

Comment

Why can't you post pics here? Can you send them to me and I'll post them.....

Comment

Working...
                  X