No announcement yet.

Magnum Fiberglass-hood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe if you actually finish something, some of us may be inclined to commit to purchasing more parts. No flares, no rear spoiler, still waiting on my carbon fiber spoiler. To much talk and no real progress. I do want a fiberglass hood for my Mag, and I do have the cash. But, I wont even consider it until I see something completed.

Comment

Originally posted by 79MAGGT View Post
      Maybe if you actually finish something, some of us may be inclined to commit to purchasing more parts. No flares, no rear spoiler, still waiting on my carbon fiber spoiler. To much talk and no real progress. I do want a fiberglass hood for my Mag, and I do have the cash. But, I wont even consider it until I see something completed.
      Good point!

Comment

Your right, I screwed up! I got sick for months and ran out of money. Thank god
        for a good friend that paid the rent on my shop all that time so I wouldn't lose it.
        My reputation is shaky, I know this and I just wanted to try to get it back by
        building something to build it back up and make a little revenue to get restarted.
        I guess it's too late to fix the time & money lost in this project?

Note: I did not ask for money down, just interest. I would have built them first.
        Quote: I need no money down until I build your hood and it's ready to send! Just
        need to know who wants one so I can start this project. Thanks!
        Last edited by Moved - Left No Forwarding Address; 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Sorry that you were sick and having problems, but it appears that you are now working on some projects so you must be feeling better. My problem is that I paid you for a spoiler 5 months ago which you started but have not yet completed. I have been pretty patient waiting for you to get back to it, but you are working on a Magnum Force spoiler and are now offering to make hoods. You should complete my CF spoiler since I already paid for it. Like I told you before, the way for you to get some business here is to get a quality part done and get it out to someone. If you get my spoiler done, I will pull the Magnum Force spoiler off of my car and put on the CF spoiler, take some pics, give you all the props for making a nice part, and the orders should start coming in. You have been here almost a year, talking about all these parts that you can build, you peaked a lot of interest from the members here, but we have seen nothing yet. Get something done already and we can all benefit.

Comment

Sorry that you were sick and having problems, but it appears that you are now working on some projects so you must be feeling better. My problem is that I paid you for a spoiler 5 months ago which you started but have not yet completed. I have been pretty patient waiting for you to get back to it, but you are working on a Magnum Force spoiler and are now offering to make hoods. You should complete my CF spoiler since I already paid for it. Like I told you before, the way for you to get some business here is to get a quality part done and get it out to someone. If you get my spoiler done, I will pull the Magnum Force spoiler off of my car and put on the CF spoiler, take some pics, give you all the props for making a nice part, and the orders should start coming in. You have been here almost a year, talking about all these parts that you can build, you peaked a lot of interest from the members here, but we have seen nothing yet. Get something done already and we can all benefit.
            The last time we talked you wanted your money back, And that's what I
            will do. I tried to call you but you would not return my calls? Just a rude
            email -What do you want!- If I could have gotten these hoods done I
            would have use some of that revenue to refund you!? I am living check to
            check at the moment. I'm going to use the small amount of cash I have to
            get some supplies to make small parts. Hopfully this will generate a small
            cash flow in order to refund you back?

As for the big parts, I'm done! I simply do not have the cash flow to build
            them anymore and I will lose my shop in November. Out of time!

As for the other projects I was working on, if you look closely you will see
            that I had only tapped and mapped out the spoiler and rear window louvers
            so that when I would get the supplies I was ready to start them!

Last edited by Moved - Left No Forwarding Address; 08-19-2010, 01:16 AM. Reason: pics added

Comment

I have one person begging me to build these hoods, so I will build them. If
              I can get two more commitments! I'll need only $325.00 per hood
              complete and crated. Shipping would be actual cost. I will only build three
              at this price! So if you want one this is the time. If I build more in the
              future they will be most likely over $600+ from a refined mold.

There's a few of you:
              For those who are ignoring me but seemed to read my threads multiple
              times a day, You are just hurting yourselfs, never replying. I'm the type of
              person that would give you the shirt off my back to build this stuff. Some
              of you seem to think that I failed you by not building the Magnum/Cordoba
              stuff fast and cheap? Well I,m sorry I got so sick that I had to take time
              off! I've been in bad health for a while now and I'm trying to get back to
              it. I just need a little support here? It's not like I did it on purpose? I lost a
              lot of money, time and now it's even harder to get things done.

The Magnum fiberglass hood is my way of trying to get the ball moving
              again! So if you want one, please contact me. I'm also willing to customize
              your hood with things like: Scoops, Vents or Other?

Thanks

Comment

Glad to see you are trying to make another attempt at the large parts again (the hood) -

However, I think that everyone was so happy about the possibility of flares and spoilers, but never got the chance to buy those, it really may hamper your chances on the hood - I would buy a hood, but only if I had the chance to buy the flares in the first place.

Personally, I have been down the flare path 3 times - trying to get good remakes - first from RC auto products, then from a local guy who said he could make them, then from Colorado dave's Florida cousin (flares & spoilers were NFG) - and then you were going to make them - over the years, I have probably spent about $4,000 on flare schemes - contributed parts (I even purchased fenders from a Florida junk yard and had them delivered to dave's cousin) and tried to encourage anyone with the skills to make flares. but to no avail - this last time around, with the hopes of flares now shattered, finally drove me to give up - I left this board for over six months, because I was just plain sick of empty promises.

Now, I popped back in to see whats new - it seems like nothing has changed. So, I'll check back in another 6 months or so, to see if giving up on the hobby was the wise choice.

anyone that wants to stay in touch - email me - 440plus6@optonline.net or fohlhorst@gmail.com

Originally posted by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R View Post
                I have one person begging me to build these hoods, so I will build them. If
                I can get two more commitments! I'll need only $325.00 per hood
                complete and crated. Shipping would be actual cost. I will only build three
                at this price! So if you want one this is the time. If I build more in the
                future they will be most likely over $600+ from a refined mold.

There's a few of you:
                For those who are ignoring me but seemed to read my threads multiple
                times a day, You are just hurting yourselfs, never replying. I'm the type of
                person that would give you the shirt off my back to build this stuff. Some
                of you seem to think that I failed you by not building the Magnum/Cordoba
                stuff fast and cheap? Well I,m sorry I got so sick that I had to take time
                off! I've been in bad health for a while now and I'm trying to get back to
                it. I just need a little support here? It's not like I did it on purpose? I lost a
                lot of money, time and now it's even harder to get things done.

The Magnum fiberglass hood is my way of trying to get the ball moving
                again! So if you want one, please contact me. I'm also willing to customize
                your hood with things like: Scoops, Vents or Other?

Thanks
                2007 300C SRT8
                2006 Dodge Durango Adventurer 4x4 5.7 Hemi
                - and -
                Magnitude - a 1979 Dodge Magnum GT with a 440 Sixpack - A Magnum with Attitude!

Comment

If you made the GT Fender Flares, I would by them in a second. I think there is a high demand for them, at least on this forum.

I thought your idea for the side and rear window louvers were cool as well. I would defiantly purchase those.

As for the hood and rear spoiler, I personally donít have any interest in them.

Comment

I here what your saying!

Originally posted by magnitude View Post
                    Glad to see you are trying to make another attempt at the large parts again (the hood) -

However, I think that everyone was so happy about the possibility of flares and spoilers, but never got the chance to buy those, it really may hamper your chances on the hood - I would buy a hood, but only if I had the chance to buy the flares in the first place.

Personally, I have been down the flare path 3 times - trying to get good remakes - first from RC auto products, then from a local guy who said he could make them, then from Colorado dave's Florida cousin (flares & spoilers were NFG) - and then you were going to make them - over the years, I have probably spent about $4,000 on flare schemes - contributed parts (I even purchased fenders from a Florida junk yard and had them delivered to dave's cousin) and tried to encourage anyone with the skills to make flares. but to no avail - this last time around, with the hopes of flares now shattered, finally drove me to give up - I left this board for over six months, because I was just plain sick of empty promises.

Now, I popped back in to see whats new - it seems like nothing has changed. So, I'll check back in another 6 months or so, to see if giving up on the hobby was the wise choice.

anyone that wants to stay in touch - email me - 440plus6@optonline.net or fohlhorst@gmail.com
                    Not sure where you spent $4000, but it was not with me! I have not
                    asked for any money on these flares!
                    Quote:"because I was just plain sick of empty promises." This seems to be
                    the attitude with most here. Because I got sick/ill I seemed to be the bad
                    guy? I not sure why but it seems most wont buy anything from me unless I
                    give them something else first!? I simply do not have the money to do
                    this any other way! The hood is not my first choice either, but its what I
                    can do for now. If that is not what you want then so be it. It's all I can
                    do for now.

Originally posted by SpiN View Post
                    If you made the GT Fender Flares, I would by them in a second. I think there is a high demand for them, at least on this forum.

I thought your idea for the side and rear window louvers were cool as well. I would defiantly purchase those.

As for the hood and rear spoiler, I personally don’t have any interest in them.
                    The reason for the hood being first:
                    If I were to do the flares first it would cost more and take longer.
                    First, I would take a flash mold from each flare.
                    Second, is to make a parts from those.
                    Third, fit and fix any and all flaws then prep them and mount on the fender to
                    make the first part of the molds.
                    Fourth, make the first half of the molds.
                    Fifth, pull and separate.
                    Sixth, now to pull a part from the fender.
                    Seventh, pull a molds from those.
                    Eight, match them together as a complete molds and sand and polish
                    before pulling the first parts!
                    As you can see there are more steps than most of you know to build
                    these molds so they will be the quality YOU want.(left out many steps)

The Hood:
                    The hood mold was going to be pulled right from the hood I have. (Top
                    and bottom)the reason for this is I will use one I pull for the mold I will
                    make in the future. These hoods will simply be fast pulls from that flash mold
                    and will not be the high end polished/refined non-stock looking hoods that
                    I hope to make and pull later.
                    Hence the low price of only $325 crated plus actual postage. Like I said if
                    I invest in making the high end mold for the hood later they will be much
                    higher in price and will not look stock. This is the only chance to get a
                    stock looking fiberglass hood from me.

My cost is much lower to make these hoods at this time and that means I
                    could make them. I simply do not have the money to invest into the flares
                    and do them right until I build up enough capital from these smaller
                    ventures first. If I am not able to get these sold first there will be no
                    others.

The window louvers: I'm am going to finish these,but i will not at this time
                    be taking molds off of them. Just going to build one-offs for my car! Again
                    I do not have the money to build molds.
                    Last edited by Moved - Left No Forwarding Address; 08-29-2010, 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

If I have no more takers before the end of this month I will have to let it go. That means no other big parts!

Comment

If I have no more takers before the end of this month I will have to let it go. That means no other big parts!
                        Oh well,Glad I own a Cordoba....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tired Rebel XS22N8R View Post
                          Oh well,Glad I own a Cordoba....
                          Yeah, no worries for you. You know your going to get parts from any of
                          the flash molds I make for my Magnum:ROFLMAO:Thanks OTR for being a true
                          friend!

Comment

Yeah, no worries for you. You know your going to get parts from any of
                            the flash molds I make for my Magnum:ROFLMAO:Thanks OTR for being a true
                            friend!
                            No prob Bob,Bill,???? Oh wait sorry Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by magnitude View Post
                              I left this board for over six months, because I was just plain sick of empty promises.

So, there's no other reason to be an active member of this site? No empty promises from me.....or from the majority of the rest of the members.....

Comment

True, of course you are correct - glad I checked in again - it just was at the time almost all of the posts, comments and everything else was about getting parts made, that never got made and arguments about who was making what and who lent what to whom and so on -

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                                So, there's no other reason to be an active member of this site? No empty promises from me.....or from the majority of the rest of the members.....
                                2007 300C SRT8
                                2006 Dodge Durango Adventurer 4x4 5.7 Hemi
                                - and -
                                Magnitude - a 1979 Dodge Magnum GT with a 440 Sixpack - A Magnum with Attitude!

Comment

Working...
                                X