Remag! Mag gt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
    How many times has this one been listed?!
    More the five times at my count! Sold at least 2 times?
    It's also on Craigslist.

1979 dodge magnum GT - $4,500

Comment

Is it just me, or does the white paint on the quarter, roof and trunk appear "whiter" than that on the door and fender (1st photo)?
      WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
        Is it just me, or does the white paint on the quarter, roof and trunk appear "whiter" than that on the door and fender (1st photo)?
        It does. I figured they have been painting over the rust and using some bondo to hide it. That is going to end up one ugly car for how nice it is.

Wonder what's up with it?
        '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Originally posted by 270SE View Post
          It does. I figured they have been painting over the rust and using some bondo to hide it. That is going to end up one ugly car for how nice it is.

Wonder what's up with it?
          Worse yet, How about the cardboard,tooth paste & spray paint trick!

Comment

Wow!

Any body have a clue who won and paid this much? Dang, I could have
            had this car for only $1200/buy-in-now last year. lol

Bid history:19 bids

Winning bid:US $4,000.00

Comment

I just picked this car up on Sat. Wish I would have found this site before I purchased. What should I look for? If there is a lot of rust can it be fixed? Thanks.
              2010 - Ram Sport - 345 (5.7)
              2009 - Charger SuperBee-#409 - 370 (6.1)
              2003 - Stratus R/T - 3.0
              1979 - Magnum GT - T/tops - E58

Comment

Originally posted by MagnumGT79 View Post
                I just picked this car up on Sat. Wish I would have found this site before I purchased. What should I look for? If there is a lot of rust can it be fixed? Thanks.
                Look at the under side of the car to spot hidden rust. Also use a magnet
                on the sides of the car to find bondo. Pull up your carpet in the car and
                in the trunk to check for rusted out floor boards!

Other wise this could be a good car when fixed up, it is a E58/360ci 4bbl
                Magnum GT. The seat are suppost to be Leather.

I've kept up with this car for quite a while now, PM me for my Phone #

Comment

Welcome to here.

It's not the worst I've seen. Any car is fixable, just depends on how much you want to do.

Qtr panels are available through JC Whimpe. $100/side. Other stuff's out there, you just have to be diligent in looking. No catalogs for Magnum parts for sure.

Some members do post parts for sale that they see.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

One more thing to look at: Always check where the rear leaf spring shackles go through the frame on any late B body. Even cars that have rust no where else will rust there. It starts with the shackle hole wallowing out in the subframe and ends with the leaf spring going up through the trunk floor. It's not hard to weld in metal to fix it, but it's easier before it ruins the trunk floor.
                    12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Originally posted by DobaMark View Post
                      One more thing to look at: Always check where the rear leaf spring shackles go through the frame on any late B body. Even cars that have rust no where else will rust there. It starts with the shackle hole wallowing out in the subframe and ends with the leaf spring going up through the trunk floor. It's not hard to weld in metal to fix it, but it's easier before it ruins the trunk floor.
                      On any leaf sprung car that's a good idea.

It's fixable and could be worth keeping for the price. Check with members here for parts and part info.
                      '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I plane on putting it up on a lift this weekend. I will post pictures Sat. Thanks again.
                        Last edited by MagnumGT79; 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM.
                        2010 - Ram Sport - 345 (5.7)
                        2009 - Charger SuperBee-#409 - 370 (6.1)
                        2003 - Stratus R/T - 3.0
                        1979 - Magnum GT - T/tops - E58

Comment

Well, it's nice to see it's out of the hands of the Ford guy that had no
                          interest in it and only bought it to flip.
                          Hope to see it restored someday.

Sorry about the earlyer pics in this thread __________________________________________________ ____________________
                          Last edited by Moved - Left No Forwarding Address; 10-12-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X