Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 300 Wiper Bushings

Okay, first thingsís first:
    YES I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN COVERED SEVERAL TIMES.

However, having ordered this kit off ebay:
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172973859295
    I feel like a bit of a fool, because I cannot figure out how anything in that kit helps me fix my wipers =/

Which is a bummer, because this is the rainy season here in the PNW!
    Ií've (hopefully) attached a picture of what I took off vs what I bought. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2107.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	263416

Last edited by nhaydenhome; 01-24-2018, 12:17 AM.
    '79 Cordoba 300 -- Warmed over #'s matching 360/727, rescued from a barn
    '66 Mustang 302/4 spd, '64 Wildcat 425/ST400, 78 El Camino 3800/T5,
    '85 Supra all factory.

I've never had one of these apart, but I know there are several designs. Someone with some experience with these will chime in.
    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

I have been fortunate enough to have NOS ones and never have had one apart. The sight owner has done this, but not with good results. I know the lower right part goes on your wiper arm, and some how it and the upper right part connect. Where the little white part goes I do not know. I might have one of those kits around and maybe try sometime to put one together. I know on forbbodiesonly.com someone did put one together. Also, you might ask, if you're on facebook, on my Magnum page, 78-79 Dodge Magnum Owner's Group

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Magnumguy, thanks for the reply. It does look like there are enough pieces to put it together, alternatively if anyone knows of and might even have the correct linkage for this kit I’ve got no qualms about changing it.
        '85 Supra all factory.

Comment

The kit on ebay were molded wrong on the cam (that tab parks the wipers) for parking the wipers - at least on mine, which the originals were blue. You will go crazy like I did until you figure out (as I did) that I had to use the new part to replace the broken half and the old blue part with the tab instead of the new one which if you compare, is 180 degrees off.

All of that said, I don't recognize your old parts. My old parts for two Magnums and a Diplomat looked like the new parts - only blue.

Getting your arms in there to fix will be one of the most frustrating fixes you will ever do. The orange part should have come with destructions.
          Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
          Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
          Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/for...rs-not-parking

Comment

BK, thanks for the links and info. Iíd missed that first post my first time looking into this. Iíve already got the whole linkage and motor out, miles more space than the cowl on my Supra! Any idea what I should be looking for, just a whole different linkage? Thanks for the info.
              '85 Supra all factory.

Comment

I used the kit (orange plastic) following the printed instructions that came with it - except I used the original blue half with the tab so wipers parked properly. I really don't remember much about the job other than it is a PITA if you have big hands, and that I wasted a lot of time on the parking situation before I compared the original to the replacemnt and saw the replacement was molded backwards.

Comment

Sounds like if I can find someone with an original lower bushing I should be able to make it work. Kernel Sanders on forbbodiesonly shared this, which looks close to mine and recalled it as a 74-75 bushing which looks to use a different wiper motor arm than ours. Someone (possibly Chrysler!) did some kooky stuff with mine! Click image for larger version

Name:	wiperbushingsother.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	263435
                  '85 Supra all factory.

Comment

Working...
                  X