New Seats for my Magnum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Seats for my Magnum

I scored a very nice pair of black lather seats out of a totaled BMW Coupe (need from two door) for $500 plus $125 for the ride from Florida.

They're real nice, without any signs of wear. They're going into my Magnum along with plus carpet, and a floor console and replacement of the Granny shift column.

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Congrats! Those are really nice looking seats and should look good in your Magnum.

Comment

New seats for Ginger. Look comfy.

Comment

I ordered premium carpet Sunday, and today I went to the old shop to get the console, shifter, and steering column I pulled out of Gilligan about 15 years ago.

I took the console to the interior shop to have the the top lid's pad fixed, the vinyl replaced, and new carpet skirting. He says it will cost me $165. I was expecting closer to $300.

I'll sand and paint the steering column. Hope to have a floor shifting bucket seat Magnum soon. That car goes like a raped ape with the forged internals, aluminum heads, and 3.55 gears. I'm betting low 11s.

I do need to find a 78 Shifter knob. I'd like to find a NOS black lather wrapped Magnum Steering wheel.

I went to a custom dash with Dakota Digital gauges about fifteen years ago. It looked good then, but dated now. The tach is dim and they haven't made those gauges in years. I plan to make a real engine turned aluminum dash and nice Auto Meter gauges in the future.
        My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

getting ready to redo the interior of Magnum.

I showed y'all the black leather seats from a BMW Coupe in a previous post. I had pulled the console, shifter and steering column out of a parts car about 15 years ago, so I could convert the granny shift to console shift. I took the console to the interior shop to be restored. I'll tape off, strip and paint the column and strip out the carpet and interior this coming week. New carpet should be at shop Monday. I've had this car for a long time and it goes like a raped ape (I'd bet 11's in Quarter) with a built big block pump gas motor with aluminum heads, street/strip tranny, and 8.75 Suregrip with 3.55 gears. Now I just need to modernize interior and drive the shit out of it again.

Comment

Dave, I may have the one year only slapstick style shifter if that'd work? I'll get a picture tomorrow for you

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
              Dave, I may have the one year only slapstick style shifter if that'd work? I'll get a picture tomorrow for you
              And it fits in the Magnum console?

I'm interested. You have a photo and price?

Comment

Interior was pulled out in anticipation of new carpet, seats, console/shifter and Steering Column

The steering column going in came out of a raggedy Magnum I parted out over 15 years ago. It was pretty pitted and corroded.

I started with 60, 80, 100, 400 and then lots of 500 grit to get it smooth.

It took about 3 hours of hand sanding - but came out smoother than new.

Threw on three coats of paint with 15 minutes between coats. Looks better than the photos when the paint had another hour to dry. I'll hit it with clear after 48 hours.

Comment

Look good so far. Like to see it when done!

Comment

The floor shift steering column that I refinished has been installed in the Magnum. I'll figure out how to dress up the shitty chrome on turn signal and tilt shaft while in the car.

Comment

my Wednesday mechanic friend installed the recovered console I'd picked up last night, the floor shifter and made seat brackets to mount the BMW seats. Then he pulled it all out so he can put the carpet in.

Comment

Nice looking stuff BK.
                        WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Working...
                        X