Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 dodge magnum wiper motor transmission immediate help needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 dodge magnum wiper motor transmission immediate help needed!

first time on a forum ever here! i have a 1979 dodge magnum XE with 35k all original everything with a 318. I'm having zero luck finding the wiper motor trans. I ordered one off of eBay the other day and tried to install it but the whole set up seems to be too thick to actually click over the shaft with the back plate and cap in place and seems like the cap wont fit through the wiper arm without some serious pressure and I'm worried about breaking a 75 dollar piece. any suggestions? I've been looking for almost 10 years now to get these wiper working again. I'm desperate now! I've loved and taken care of this car since I was 6 years old and now my grandparents are giving it to me and id like to cruise on weekends!

There are 2 different wiper motors for that car. One with intermittent wipe (PN 3799464) and one without intermittent wipe (PN 3799307).
    There are also the corresponding link assemblies, With intermittent (PN 3799525) and without intermittent (PN 3799439).
    The usual failure point is the plastic part in the linkage that attaches to the motor.
    Pictures of you issue would help to clarify the problem.

Comment

ive attached some pictures. my car doesn't have intermittent wiper just low and hi. when you put the back plate and the cap together its way too tall for the whole assembly to click onto the shaft on the arm for the motor. also not sure what the small white part is for. I do have the original spring that goes over the shaft between the base and cap I'm going to call the people I purchased it from as soon as I'm done writing this but just wanted to get some info first before I do.
      Attached Files

Comment

Search for a thread on my horrors stories with the orange aftermarket piece. The top cam half is cast 180 backwards and parks wipers in the middle of windshield. The fix is to use the bottom half of orange repop (the part that breaks) and the top half of the blue from your car.
        Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
        Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
        Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Problem is the entire thing literally exploded and I have no usable parts left besides the original spring. Does anyone have a lead on how to get the "cap" piece that would match the non intermittent wipers I have? I really just want to replace the entire thing if possible.

Comment

Barr6512, you have a PM. Welcome to the site BTW.

One in a while, an NOS wiper arm appears on the 'Bay. I may have that blue piece laying around on a motor. I'll check.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Barr6512, PM me, I may be able to help you. I tried to PM you, says I need to delete messages, did so, still can't.

Comment

Says you've exceeded your quota on pm's. do you have an email?

Comment

I got my last sed blue part on one of the Facebook Mopar Classified groups

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mopa...ClassifiedAds/

I would post a wanted ad on the Classified's group above and the one here and see if someone has in the garage or shed

Comment

I'll have my wife post something. I got sick of it and deleted Facebook awhile ago. I just wasn't sure if anyone on here would have the correct parts that they reproduced or knew where I could get a newer one. Hopefully magnumguy has something to help me out.

Comment

My understanding is all NOS have been bought and used and the only repop repair kit is the orange one for $75 where the can on top half was cast 180 degrees backwards. I have tree Magnums and a Diplomat that I Just went through this crap on. Additionally, you need to wear long sleeves, be a contortionist and had the patience of Job to reach where Dodge hid this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Barr6512 View Post
                        I'll have my wife post something. I got sick of it and deleted Facebook awhile ago. I just wasn't sure if anyone on here would have the correct parts that they reproduced or knew where I could get a newer one. Hopefully magnumguy has something to help me out.
                        magnumguy78@gmail.com

Comment

Quote: "Additionally, you need to wear long sleeves, be a contortionist and had the patience of Job to reach where Dodge hid this crap." Amen to that!!! VERY sharp edges to the cowl area!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X