Ugh!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh!

So, apparently the Newport that the 400 for the Cordoba came out of had a smaller diameter torque converter. Got under the car last night to bolt the flex plate to the converter and every hole is off my at least 3/4 of an inch. So, back out with the engine tonight, swap flex plates and back in. Thank god I wasn't too far along, just have to take the starter off, unbolt the bell housing and motor mounts. Oh, and somehow the oil pan has a small pinhole in it now. I'm thinking that when we were putting the engine back in we may have sat it on the k-frame and landed on a small rock.
    This thing is gonna cause me to drink.

lockup?
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Well there we go, that's quite a difference between the two. Engine was out and back in within a couple of hours, now just to start getting everything else bolted back on.

Comment

Why did you have to pull the engine to change the flexplate?

Comment

It was either that or pull the transmission and I figured this was easier as other than the starter, nothing was bolted up to the engine.

Comment

good answer

I try to stab car and transmission in as a unit when I can, but more often than not I can't with the race cars

Comment

Working...
            X