X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doba77
    started a topic Missed it by that much.

Missed it by that much.

Ugh. Got so excited last night, the "new" engine was all ready to go in the Cordoba! Everything that needed to be swapped over was done, cleaned up the engine bay a bit, had some good music going and was really enjoying my son helping me out. Got the engine on the hoist, started lowering it in and CLUNK, I forgot that the new engine came out of a Newport and the oil pan is different. I then very calmly and quietly told my son that we're leaving, and we'll come back after the weekend. Dammit.

• Cranky
    replied
    Originally posted by Doba77 View Post
    And not too sure why, but the baffle has been cut out of the oil pan, weird.
    I've seen some strange stuff over the 50 years I've been messing with cars and it doesn't seem to be getting any better lol

Leave a comment:

• Doba77
    replied
    And not too sure why, but the baffle has been cut out of the oil pan, weird.

Leave a comment:

• Doba77
    replied
    Wow, I didn't realize how different they are until I got them both off last night, I'll take a picture and post it later. The sump on the C body pan is almost right at the front, very much like a Ford, and the B body is dang near in the center.

Leave a comment:

• Doba77
    replied
    Originally posted by volaredon View Post
    a pan from a Newport is different from a Cordoba? I didn't know that. I thought there were only 2 pans; a car pan and a truck pan.
    Yuppers, B and C body Chryslers have different oil pans. I've read MANY conflicting forum posts that say you can use one in the other, many that say you can't. I definitely can't lol.

Leave a comment:

• volaredon
    replied
    a pan from a Newport is different from a Cordoba? I didn't know that. I thought there were only 2 pans; a car pan and a truck pan.

Leave a comment:

• Doba77
    replied
    Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
    Oh man..those little delays. Good choice walking away though.
    Oh yah, had I not walked away tools may have been flying around the garage lol. Now once it's in a bolted up, I'll tackle getting that heater hose nipple out of the water pump housing as the new engine had the ungainly looking 100 amp alternator and truss like bracketry that goes along with it lol.

Leave a comment:

• DynoDave
    replied
    Oh man..those little delays. Good choice walking away though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X