X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK
    started a topic 78 B-Body Anyone know where to find

78 B-Body Anyone know where to find

a 1978 Dodge Magnum fuel sending unit with 400ci motor (I think bigger tank)? I'm not having much luck.

• volaredon
    replied
    I replaced the one in my 78 Fury like 8 or 9 years ago and at the time I didn't have a hard time finding it, but was told it was one of (if not "the" last one) left in the dealership pipeline...
    just like the wiper linkage arm, same story when I had to replace that. I KNOW mine was the last one-- in the warehouse network anyway, not to say some dealer don't have a couple of these collecting dust somewhere....

but... with the sender it always worked fine from the time I installed it from 8-9 years ago til this year, It has always read low, as in when plum full it would max out at ~7/8 on the gauge.
    This year, it works sporadically.... sometimes it reads sometimes it stays on "E" and ~20-25 miles down the road it might decide to start working.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Update: I used an earlier B Body (I think 75-76) and really don't yet know how it affects accuracy - but it fit. What I did find is that the one I pulled actually works, but there was a pin hole in the float. I saved it and will locate a float if the one in the Magnum appears to not be accurate.

Leave a comment:

• daveo50
    replied
    This is a little late.......

I replaced the sending unit on my 78 Magnum about 12 years ago. If I remember right I bought it from Brad's NOS Parts. He has a web site. I think you will be lucky to find one as I don't believe anyone is making reproductions. There are some companies that may be able to repair your original. I was surprised at how bad mine looked, full of rust. I think I finally threw the original away about a year ago, probably should have kept it. Sometimes the problem is with a bad float.

Leave a comment:

• Crizila
    replied
    Originally posted by BK View Post
    I can't find a 78 B Body anywhere. Vans Auto LLC carry more sensors than anyone. I emailed them saying I was looking for one and that I was told that the C Bodies work. They only answer they gave me was.

Has anyone ever had replace a 78 B Body sender?
    I have a 79 300 tank (dual exhaust tank that you know about ) that comes with a sender ( modified to a 3/8" pick-up tube ). Believe it has a 3/16" return port which you can just cap off. Tank comes with straps, filler neck.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    I can't find a 78 B Body anywhere. Vans Auto LLC carry more sensors than anyone. I emailed them saying I was looking for one and that I was told that the C Bodies work. They only answer they gave me was.

We do not have the correct sending unit for a 78 Magnum. Thank you for checking with us.
    Has anyone ever had replace a 78 B Body sender?

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Got the fuel sender from Magnum pulled enough to photo to find a replacement. It obviously a single line with screw lug and a pop on terminal. Can't find one for a 75 B Body and wondering if the C Body will read correctly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X