removing air cond.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing air cond.

hi guys i want to re move the air conditioning compressor from my 78 magnum and everything related to it its all junk do i need different pulleys its a small block im so used to dealing with amc stuff i havent had to do this with a mopar in years oh yeah does anybody have a dash pad they want to sell for a 78 magnum

You shouldn't need different pulleys, but you'll need different belts depending on how its set up. Can you post a photo?
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

i cant post pics for some reason, set up water pump pulley runs the power steering pump and the a/c pump runs the alt.single groove water pump pulley for power steering pump if that helps any

Comment

If I'm understanding that right, you should be able to tie a piece of twine as a belt eliminating the ac compressor, and if it looks straight - then buy a new belt that has the inside diameter of the twine belt.

My sig speaks of posting photos. Basically they need to be hosted on a photo hosting site. There are a million free ones, and it makes sense to have a place to organize all of yoir photos.
        Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
        Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
        Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

I have a non-a/c Magnum, and it has a pulley assembly in place of the compressor, not sure if that's necessary, but maybe the accessories are placed different? I know what Dave is saying, prior, not sure how many years back, there was nothing there in the compressor's place. Just a triangle-ish setup

Oh, PM me for a phone number of someone who may help you. Are you in Colorado?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

• Crizila
            Crizila commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a non-A/C heater box ( with heater core ) and dash control out of a 79 300 for sale if you are interested and it will fit your 78?

i could use a dash pad mine is shot

Comment

Working...
          X