No announcement yet.

78 Magnum Project Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whew, the Autorama is over. Long weekend and I'm glad it's over. The car took 2nd in its class which was Modified Street Machine 64-79. Lost to a $100K 69 blown Camaro. Not bad for the first outing.

Comment

• Congratulations, nice showing!
      The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
      ~Ted Nugent

Comment

• Pretty cool deal Ken. Any Mopar rags there taking pictures?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
          Pretty cool deal Ken. Any Mopar rags there taking pictures?
          There were quite a few photographers running around, but most didn't have anything to ID where they were from.

Comment

• More updates. Been a long time since I updated this.

It's been a long time since I updated this, so here goes.

Re-worked the hood and cleaned up around the hood scoop. Had it painted gloss black to match the rest of the car. Maaco did the paint and it looks great.
            New billet powder coated hood pin bezels and hood pins. Changed the 440 Magnum emblems to 440 SIX PACK emblems. Why you ask? I now have a very custom six pack set up on this car. Clear powder coated aluminum intake, custom fuel and vacuum lines, chrome vacuum pods, crazy air cleaner. A real bitch to tune, but finally got it right after a couple days.

Re routed the exhaust and exited through the rockers in front of the rear wheels. Used black powder coated 5" slash cut tips and carbon fiber wrapped billet aluminum trim bezels. Took awhile to get up the nerve to do this with a 5" hole saw.

Pro wheelie bars from Applied Racing Technology. Started with an 84" chromoly kit. Ended up cutting them down to 65", powder coated black, and added 5 spoke billet aluminum wheels.

New FBO electronic ignition. This is a nice kit, billet aluminum ECU housing, all USA made including electronics. Has an LED on the ECU so you can see your ignition firing. This system eliminates the weak ballast resistor. Good to 7,000 RPM which is great for a street car.

Dual Deist Safety parachutes. Used a chromoly dual kit from Advanced Chassis Inc. Fabricated everything up and then painted gloss black with a carbon fiber center. Used a dual cable splitter from Tim McAmis Racing run through the center of the mount, so you can release 2 chutes with 1 cable. Mounted the release handle with a safety release pin in the center console. The "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" streamers were custom made by a friend of mine who owns a graphics shop.

Built a custom stand for my T-tops when at car shows. Used 3/4" square aluminum for the frame, hinged at the top so it folds flat. The spreader supports are Craftsman tool box lid stops which I ordered from sears. Wrapped everything in carbon fiber vinyl and assembled with angle brackets and rivets.

That's it until later this year. Will be pulling the engine for some more upgrades.

Comment

• Looks great, one of the nicest Magnums I have ever seen; thanks for sharing the build!!!
              Last edited by Popinsmoke; 04-29-2016, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• That is THE most awesome Magnum ever!!!!
                The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

• Quite the Magnum, and yes, probably the nicest, baddest one as well. Great job Ken!

(haven't forgotten your request either)

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
                    Quite the Magnum, and yes, probably the nicest, baddest one as well. Great job Ken!

(haven't forgotten your request either)
                    Thanks Bill. It sure has been a long 8 year adventure. Still not done yet.

Comment

• It's a shame ya went to sedate with the car. Might have an issue with it getting lost in the parking lots. BWAAAAAA

I've said it before and I will say it again. If Darth Vader had a Magnum, THIS would be it. Well done, sir. Well done indeed.

Comment

• I'd like to watch a video of it hitting the strip hard . I bet it goes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, !
                        All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty Thompson View Post
                          I'd like to watch a video of it hitting the strip hard . I bet it goes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, !
                          We are going to try and get it on the track this summer. Will get pics and video to post here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 79MAGGT View Post
                            We are going to try and get it on the track this summer. Will get pics and video to post here.
                            Oh yeah baby !!!!!!!!!!!! Dat's what I wanna see !!!!!!
                            All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

• Ken, I went out tonight to start to remove the trim, and it got very stormy. Maybe this week yet. Hain't forgot ya, just can't seem to get a free evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X