78 Magnum Project Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 Magnum Project Update

A few updated pics of my 78 Mag project. Changed out the tunnel ram to an Edelbrock Performer RPM and a Holley 750 DP. Installed driveshaft, shifter, and chased down some electrical issues. Added new fuel lines, air cleaner, and some other small items. Fired up for the first time last weekend. Will need a little tuning, but she hit and fired the first time. Have a bunch of parts ordered for the next time I get back home. I live in Colorado, but work in Utah and only get back a few times a year.

Looks good Ken, if you decide to change out that steering wheel...... I have a couple of those "Tuff" wheels....

Is that the ign. key by the driver's side door on the heater panel?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

That wheel is definitely going to be replaced with a Tuff wheel. It's not to high on the list right now. I have some Flowmasters on the way and a new MP master cylinder, and I need to get the rest of the wiring worked out for all the lights and accessories.

Comment

Tried the spoilers yet?

Comment

I did. They will fit, but as expected from RC, the quality is marginal. They will need some work to get them looking good. I have 2 extras if anyone needs one. (Magnum Force spoiler).

Comment

I'm waiting for the guy w/the flares and spoiler to set a date so I can go get them.

I'd assume you still want the flares?

Comment

Ya know I do.

Comment

I might be going after them this week, maybe Thursday or Friday.

Comment

If you install a Tuff wheel on that tilt column, the wheel will be pushed toward you about 2" or so. May or may not bother you depending on your arm length. Until 1981, deeper steering wheels went on non-tilt columns and shallower wheels went on tilt columns.
                  12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Hey 79MAGgt let me know if want to get rid of your existing black steering wheel. i am looking for one for my 79xe. capemagnum

Comment

Ditto on the steering wheel! You may have to put it up on Ebay for proper bidding. I'm dying to get one like yours 79MAG. OR! a 3 spoke in black? I already bought replacement horn switches for a 3 spoke from a Cordoba.

Comment

Hey,
                        The car sure looks good. They were a nice design. Glad to see what you are doing with the dash-always thought they should have done a really special dash for these.

Comment

I will probably put the wheel on Ebay at the end of May when I go back to CO for the "Mopars at Thunder Mountain" event in Denver along with a bunch of other parts that I have piling up all over the house. As far as the dash, it was already like that when I got the car last year. This Mag is an ex drag car. That dash willl be replaced with a carbon fiber set-up with Auto Meter Phantom white face gages.

Comment

That sounds better yet. I hope you post some pics when of the new dash along with your others. Speaking of parts, I started going through the shelves up by the rafters and it's funny. I'm finding stuff I'd forgotten about. I think I'm gonna have to hit the swaps or e-bay one of these days too!

Comment

Looks great.
                              Shawn
                              72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                              89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Working...
                              X