Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end options

Gentlemen,

I understand that an 8 3/4 rear from a 71-74 B-body is pretty much is a bolt in for the Magnum. They can be a bit hard to find in my neck of the woods. On the other hand, the Dana 60 from HD truck's are plentiful.

Has anyone done this swap?

Look for a 9 1/4 out of truck. Plentiful. Bolt in. Lots of gear ratio's and posi's to fit it.

Comment

The rear ends in pickups bolt in underneath the spring while cars bolt in on top so you'll have to swap the spring pads if you use a rear from a pickup. Also, the truck 60's do not have a pad for the pinion snubber. Durango rears bolt in like a car does but not sure if it's wide enough. You might can find a rear end chart on the net...

Comment

Originally posted by Crizila View Post
        Look for a 9 1/4 out of truck. Plentiful. Bolt in. Lots of gear ratio's and posi's to fit it.
        Agree on the 9.25" rear; there should be plenty of them from '79-81 R-body POLICE cars (usually with 3.21/3,23 ratio), including the rear sway bar (a great addition, IMO!). The only thing to worry about is the number of leaves in the rear springs, as they use a different isolator for 4 and 5 leaf HD springs. Or eliminate the rear isolators altogether, by using mounts from an earlier B-body with HD rears. Cuda Zappa here is probably the person to ask about this swap! I think he has done this before!

The 8.75" rear from an early B will work, but they are pretty scarce today....AND expensive!

P.S.: If you need the rear sway bar and shock mounts, plus the end links for attachment, give me a shout....I think I still have some!!

Comment

Working...
        X