Valve covers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve covers?

Anyone see this style of valve cover before? Got them for a pretty good price and was told that they're fairly old.

Not sure if I've ever seen a set like that....

Comment

Look like the old Cal Custom ones. They were all aluminum not painted like these.

Comment

Reminds me a little bit of a pair of old M/T valve covers that I have tucked away in the basement.
        Mine are aluminum with black wrinkle finish. Some machined surface on topmost part.
        I hope they are where I left them. I haven't looked at them in years!

Comment

Originally posted by LS-300 View Post
          Look like the old Cal Custom ones. They were all aluminum not painted like these.
          The guy I got them from painted them like this, I might get them back to bare aluminum.

Comment

I'd guess Cal Custom as well. Finned with a small block in the center that you could engrave, etch, put a decal on, etc. was sort of their "look".
            WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Looks like the center piece can actually be removed via 2 small bolts on the inside of the cover. Thinking you can put the old school rectangular breathers in there if you wanted.

Comment

I agree looks Cal Custom covers.

Comment

Them be Ansen finned covers. 7 rib is usually cal-customs, 6 is Ansen covers.

http://ansenusa.com/product/mopar-340-no-name-black/

Comment

Nice Non! Learn something new every day.
                    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post
                      Them be Ansen finned covers. 7 rib is usually cal-customs, 6 is Ansen covers.

http://ansenusa.com/product/mopar-340-no-name-black/
                      Those are sure close, but I see they don't make a big block valve cover like mine, maybe they did at one time though. Also don't have the removable centers anymore it looks like.

Comment

Like I said..... Ansen. Quick picture search leads to an older ebay listing. I can't snip the pic other than what you see here because it was old and ebay removed it.

If it helps any, here's the old ad. 150 bucks and those goofy looking rectangle thingies are Moon breathers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Anse...-/191506664315

If I had to guess..... 70's.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post

Like I said..... Ansen. Quick picture search leads to an older ebay listing. I can't snip the pic other than what you see here because it was old and ebay removed it.

If it helps any, here's the old ad. 150 bucks and those goofy looking rectangle thingies are Moon breathers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Anse...-/191506664315

If I had to guess..... 70's.
                          You're the man nonstick! For some reason though, the I can't access the thumbnail you posted, says I don't have permission in the forums or something to that effect.

Comment

Working...
                          X