No announcement yet.

Buyer beware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and I did.... Can't wait for the reply.. Any bets that he/she can't take them for some reason??

"Will you send me a bunch of pictures under the car? I would like to see frame shots, rear end, tranz brace along with front suspension."
    9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

I figure he is reading our post..along with other forums.. I do like the car but if the speedo has flipped and paper trail doesn't show what it really is...I'm out...

He replied with...

"I will take it to a friend w/hoist and reply with detailed pictures tomorrow. If you are going to bid on it, you should know that a lot of people are saying it might not be a 300. I was told from the original owner that it was a special order color option 300 only one painted in black and because he wanted the luxury options of T-top and wood trim (dealer installed) since Chrysler would not allow wood trim on the 300 models. So please check it out yourself. As I'm not quite sure of it, I bought it because I thought it was real nice in Black and Red with T-tops, changed the rims, shocks and added Bluetooth "

Member USCCA

Comment

another ebay mail

"I was told it was original but am not certain since there are no record and it has a 5 digit Speedo. In my humble opinion it could be 121K miles if not 21K miles, I can tell you that the paint seems original. I did not have a chance to take underneath pictures and ebay only allows 24 pictures. I know BMWs well only, all though this Chryslers is a nice driver, I really don't know much about them. That is why I posted the picture of the option codes."

Member USCCA

Comment

Funny how the story changes although he takes on no responsibility for the actual facts. "It ****may**** be something other than advertised. I don't know". Ok, then.... CHANGE THE EBAY DESCRIPTION, moron.

Comment

Member USCCA

Comment

Assuming those are pics he sent you. Looks good underneath. All 1979 300's had the 9 1/4 rear end. The pics show an 8 1/4. Like I said before, nice Cordoba that is not a 300.

Comment

Yeah...I typed back to him saying that..Didn't hear back...anyway..Still a Nice looking car for sure.. Being that it is what it isn't..I think 6500 would be max I would go on it..

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by 79MAGGT View Post
                  Assuming those are pics he sent you. Looks good underneath. All 1979 300's had the 9 1/4 rear end. The pics show an 8 1/4. Like I said before, nice Cordoba that is not a 300.
                  Agree on the rear end, as all 300's had 9.25", also had dual exhaust HP E58 360. As I stated before, this is a CA/high altitude 4bbl 360, NOT the HP E58 of the 300!

Also, the 5 digit speedometer is not a good excuse for it "possibly" having rolled over, as all Mopars had a dyed felt in the speedometer that covered the tenths position, indicating the rollover of 100,000 miles.....although it may have dried out of ink after all this time???

Comment

He has revised his auction at the bottom of the page...Which is the correct thing to do and not try to hose someone like he got taken it seems......Still..Nice car..Can be cleaned up some more...but to rich for my closet...

Member USCCA

Comment

In Canada you could order a Cordoba with an appearance group of a 300. It didn't have to have the E58 360 and you could get a red exterior. It was just an appearance group and not a performance group. I don't know what the option code would have been but it would have been only sold in Canada. This car is a good looking Cordoba but definitely not a Canadian appearance group 300.

Comment

From what I know all 300's sold in the U.S had an L for the 5th digit in the VIN and came with the E58 360. While it is true in Canada they had different engines, from my understanding, if it was outfitted as a 300 whether it was the white or the rare red variety it would still have include the vents on the front fender, the machine turned dash and console inserts, as well as the correct instrument cluster with full gauges and tachometer and would be sold as a 300 not a Cordoba. None, neither the US or Canada cars, would come with the vinyl top or opera lights either. This car is just what others are saying a Cordoba that some one swapped a 300 grill and added 300 door badging to because they liked the look. Too much of of the way this car is outfitted points to a Cordoba to be anything else. I own two 300s, one of which a previous owner swapped a 400 into and I am considering painting black when I finished with some body work, as a tribute to my dad who almost always had a black Mopar with red interior. While this would not be a stock configuration, the car will not ever be represented as anything but a 300 as the VIN number and fender tag document it started its life as a correct 300.

Comment

There were 3,811 Chrysler 300's built in1979 for US sales. >>

All were Spinnaker White with red leather interior.
                          (A74 code on the fender tag) -1979 300 was an option for the Cordoba platform with the (E58 code on the fender tag) - Hi Po 360 cu. in. engine, (L code in the 5
                          thdigit of the VIN).
                          Non lockup 727 torqueflite transmission and 9 1/4 in. rear differential.
                          A74 code included heavy duty suspension, front and rear oversized sway bars, HD Monroe shocks, full dual exhaust.
                          Exterior trim includes a 300 styled cross bar grill, 300 badges in the taillights, front header trim,
                          300 script in opera windows, special white bumper rub strip inserts, front fender louvers and special tape stripe.
                          Interior 300 option include engine turned applique treatment on the dash panels and console insert,
                          300 badges on the door panels.
                          "Three Hundred" red, white and blue plaque on the passenger side dash panel along with full gauges including a 7000 rpm tachometer.
                          >>
                          Last edited by 79MAGGT; 06-28-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X