Buyer beware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer beware

There is a very nice Cordoba on the bag right now. It's being sold as a black 300 with T-tops.
    This car is very nice but isn't a 300, just a high end Cordoba with the 300 badging. The seller is stating 21,832 miles but it has flipped. The car back in 2008 had 118,621 miles on it. As most know the 79-300 was only available in the US in spinnaker white. There was an appearance group option in Canada that allowed the car to be optioned differently and could be Chianti red in color. There are rumors about 1 black one being produced but that has never been confirmed.
    The car in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Cor...3D182177362673

As far as I know, all US 300's had the E58 360 engine, VIN code "L".

This car's VIN is stated as "SS22J9R134494"; a "J" code 360 is a high altitude or CA emissions engine, not available in most of the US!

Of course, if this is a Canadian car, all bets are off.....I have NO idea what was available up there.

Caveat emptor!
    Last edited by R-body_mopar; 06-23-2016, 07:14 AM. Reason: Correct speeling!

Comment

Thanks for the head's-up.

Damn fine looking car though.
      WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

There were 8 red ones built in the Great White North, and all sold there, but no black ones that I'm aware of. But I learn something new all the time.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

That is a cool looking car.
          Didn't the 300s have the special dash? The kind that had the metal , swirl look?
          The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Really nice car. I'm not believing that it is a 300, although I have learned to never say never. Think there is a broadcast sheet stuck up under the back seat? Too far away from me.

Comment

No fender vents, no machine turned dash, no 300 badging in the taillights. A really nice standard T-top Cordoba with a 300 grill and partial 300 interior.

Comment

:yeah that:
                WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Originally posted by LS-300
                  There is a very nice Cordoba on the bag right now. It's being sold as a black 300 with T-tops.
                  This car is very nice but isn't a 300, just a high end Cordoba with the 300 badging. The seller is stating 21,832 miles but it has flipped. The car back in 2008 had 118,621 miles on it. As most know the 79-300 was only available in the US in spinnaker white. There was an appearance group option in Canada that allowed the car to be optioned differently and could be Chianti red in color. There are rumors about 1 black one being produced but that has never been confirmed.
                  The car in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Cor...3D182177362673

LS-300, what is the source of your info on the mileage?? A credible source? If so, couldn't this seller be held responsible for misrepresentation of a car as "a barn find" original; or, exposed as such on the internet and Ebay?

Comment

Back when I first got my 300 ( which became CudaZappa's, then mine, then his again, then mine, now DGE's sons' ) I did a lot of searching to see what it was, exactly. I remember this car. I also remember somebody "making" it. Yes, the mileage is flipped. If you search hard enough, you will find older pictures of it. This is no barn find grandpa car and def not original. You have to search past 3 pages in google to find it, tho. Most people are lazy and don't see it in the first page or two, so they just throw the hands up thinking it must be true.

You can also find other things if you really dig. Remember, educate yourself, folks.

http://kissmyasphalt.com/2013/09/05/...-1979-detroit/ blue 300, huh? Note the date on the article.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-chrysle...p2047675.l2557 same car, note the date it was "pulled" for some reason

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389513...-chrysler-300/ hmmmm?

ahem..... look familiar, mebbe? Check the date and website.

Now it's time for somebody else to sniff around and see what they see. Why should I have all the fun. Who's next?

Comment

I just couldn't help myself..... no clue what the page says. Somebody needs to decipher. But the dates the guy took it are right there on the photo's.... 2005

http://www.trombinoscar.com/chrysler/cl7901.html

Comment

Quote from the EBay listing:

"decoding the VIN also indicates it is a "Special Pricing" Cordoba with 300 trim and 360 Cu.In 4 Barrel carburetor." Huh!

This thing is up to $8200

If the sale goes through, someone is going to be totally screwed. Too bad more sellers can't be honest.

Comment

well, one can always send an email to ebay for fraudulent selling.

Comment

Were the XE on the wheel covers (2005 pictures) a Dodge this or would they have been on both lines?

It's not a 300. Hell they may be paying more for the rims the guy put on it.
                            "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                            -Groucho Marx
                            Moparless for now

Comment

21K miles and all that rust around the ID fender tag..and under the master cylinder.... no shots of under the car... Bet it is a rust bucket for a "Garage Queen" Bet it has been repainted...

Thinking of requesting pics
                              Last edited by ~~Mutt~~; 06-24-2016, 12:45 PM.
                              9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Working...
                              X