79-300 with Hemi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79-300 with Hemi

I know back in June 2008 I read an article on a company in Florida that dropped a Hemi in a 1979 300. I have pictures from then. Does anybody else remember this conversion? I forget where the article was published But remember it well. If you check out this link it's the same car. http://www.ebay.com/itm/231979580063...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Well that's sort of a weird deal, eh? To spend all that money on the powertrain, then let the body decay? Was NEW in 2000. That's sad.
    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

I would have to look at that one in person.....just been sitting way too long outside to be comfortable bidding on it sight unseen.

Comment

Hasn't moved in 8 years. Don't know if the old Hemi is even still good. Cool car but too many unknowns. First is can you get a clean title? Total paper trail is not complete and the current owner states the MSO is missing and only has a bill of sale. They also state they are the only one to ever drive the car.

Comment

Found this online about this car..but no mention of who did the 472 Hemi swap

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/06/16/...472-hemi-swap/
          9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
            I would have to look at that one in person.....just been sitting way too long outside to be comfortable bidding on it sight unseen.
            Lots of red flags here; like being outdoors in NY for all that time, and NOT driven or registered?? And NO title?? Perhaps this person could never get a NY title, due to proper paperwork missing??

Seller has NO feedback, and only this item listed.....and what is the other white Cordoba sitting next to it???

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
              Found this online about this car..but no mention of who did the 472 Hemi swap

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/06/16/...472-hemi-swap/
              This article was put out by the current seller. The one I'm referring to talked about the build and some of the things they ran into along the way.

Comment

Tell ya what... pretty cool deal with that Hemi... Title thing is a question for sure.. Someone buys it..titles it..fixes it and then someone else might come out of the woodwork claiming it with proper paperwork..

I see one big..or should I say small issue.. That radiator.. very small...looks like 2 core..
                9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

bill of sale only sale is quite common around here. CT needs no title on older cars, either.

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
                    Tell ya what... pretty cool deal with that Hemi... Title thing is a question for sure.. Someone buys it..titles it..fixes it and then someone else might come out of the woodwork claiming it with proper paperwork..

I see one big..or should I say small issue.. That radiator.. very small...looks like 2 core..
                    A two core radiator with 1" or 1 1/4" tubes should be good. My Yard Cart has a single core with 1" tubes and I can idle in stopped traffic without the temp moving at all! In 70 degree weather I can run without a fan at all and the temp only comes up a tad sitting in traffic but the AC will not cool quite as well.

Comment

nonner, wanna get another 300?
                      1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                      2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

need to move and deal with the brown turd in my garage before I think of other cars that aren't daily transportation. Lost my desire somewhere along the way, I guess. *shrugs*

Comment

Wow...I still couldn't get a Kansas title without the MSO...That may be difficult to get as it would need involvement from Chrysler and after 35+ years and several buyouts...Good luck.
                          "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                          -Groucho Marx
                          Moparless for now

Comment

Working...
                          X