14" wheels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" wheels?

Will a 14" wheel fit on the front of the Cordoba?

I don't know, but I'd be surprised if it would, if the Cordoba has the later / larger 11.75 rotors.

Hopefully someone here has tried it, and can say for sure. I never have.
    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

The slots I have on the rear of the Cordoba are 15's, but the fronts I have are a 14x7. I bought them staggered because they were originally going on my Mustang. I'll try them out tomorrow and report in!

Comment

Thanks...it would be good to know.
        WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

I don't think you can.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Doba77
            Will a 14" wheel fit on the front of the Cordoba?
            Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
            I don't think you can.

A better question is.....why would anybody even WANT to??? The 15" stock wheels and tires are already way too small ; invest the money in upgrading the suspension with HD springs and sway bars......and BIGGER tires!

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
              A better question is.....why would anybody even WANT to??? The 15" stock wheels and tires are already way too small ; invest the money in upgrading the suspension with HD springs and sway bars......and BIGGER tires!
              Originally posted by Doba77 View Post
              The slots I have on the rear of the Cordoba are 15's, but the fronts I have are a 14x7. I bought them staggered because they were originally going on my Mustang. I'll try them out tomorrow and report in!
              Dats da reason

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
                Trust me, as soon as I can find a set of 15" slots for the front for cheap, I will lol. I got the 15's and 14's at a swap meet for 125 bucks for the set, I damn near ran out of the place cause I felt like I stole them. The cheapest I've been able to find a pair of them around here recently is 400 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Doba77 View Post
                  Trust me, as soon as I can find a set of 15" slots for the front for cheap, I will lol. I got the 15's and 14's at a swap meet for 125 bucks for the set, I damn near ran out of the place cause I felt like I stole them. The cheapest I've been able to find a pair of them around here recently is 400 bucks.
                  I had some 14's that I sold a few years ago....of course like always it was just before the prices went through the roof lol

Comment

I'm fairly certain small block late B's you can put 14's on due to the caliper size as mentioned above. Big block car equated to bigger calipers. Like with anything MoPar though, "it depends" rule applies. It depends if somebody knew somebody at the dealer, swapped later on in life, guy on the assembly line ran out of smaller ones, etc etc.

Do this however...... and we'll all be lining up to slap you silly.

Comment

Donk......lol
                      "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                      -Groucho Marx
                      Moparless for now

Comment

My eyes! My eyes!
                        Paul, aka 'zij576ca'
                        Lifer #49
                        Member & webmaster, The Mopar Club of San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post

Do this however...... and we'll all be lining up to slap you silly.

If I did anything even close to this I'd have to kick my own ass!

Comment

Well, they might fit if I were to grind a bit of caliper material away, which I'm not willing to do. So for now I'll run a pair of factory steelies on the front with a 215/65R15 Coopers.

Comment

Sorry doba77, I was afraid of that.

FYI...the 11.75" rotor (with caliper bracket which pushes the caliper out far enough to get around that larger rotor, hence the caliper interference with 14" wheels) became optional mid-'76, and std. in late '76 on all Cordobas, small block and big block.

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X