Headlight switch.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight switch.

Hey guys, what's the trick to getting the headlight switch out of my 76?

Reach around back and where the shaft meets the switch body there is usually a button to push that releases the shaft. Different models have different button locations, so you might have to hunt for it. Do a web search for "Mopar light switch shaft removal". There will be several photos and one might be like yours.
    Last edited by GaryS; 05-30-2016, 08:14 PM.
    My book store: http://www.wings-press.com/

Comment

Gary is right; there is a button on the switch, push that in, and the shaft and knob will come out the front of the dash. And, if I recall, there is a lock nut of sorts that you can unscrew from the switch (use a regular screwdriver, or the special spanner tool that you will never find), and the switch will come out the back of the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
        And, if I recall, there is a lock nut of sorts that you can unscrew from the switch (use a regular screwdriver, or the special spanner tool that you will never find), and the switch will come out the back of the dash.
        Yep...I always had good luck use the tips of a spread pair of needle nose pliers to get that nut off.
        WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Working...
        X