• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popinsmoke
    started a topic Headers or Magnum truck manifolds

Headers or Magnum truck manifolds

Gentlemen,

I was wondering is any of you are running headers on your late model small block B body? What are your experience with installation and fitment on your car with A/C and power steering?

Anyone run the late model 92 to 93 5.9 truck manifolds that supposedly flow as well if not better then the the 340hp manifolds?

• Popinsmoke
    replied
    So I scored a set of the early magnum exhaust manifold that are supposed to flow equal to or better than the 340 hp manifolds. Part numbers are #53006618 and 53006619 I mocked them up and the seem like they are going to fit my magnum just fine. The outlet in 2.25 the later ones are 2 inch and 1/78 on some I have heard but can't verify.

Leave a comment:

• Popinsmoke
    replied
    Cranky,

I was lucky the local pick a part has 3 yards and about 30 Dakotas, and the most of them are the later body style of the 4 square trucks only one was a V8. They even had a 67 dart but it was pretty picked over

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    A Dakota V8 in a junk yard?? Man, finding one on the road is tough enough lol. Been looking for a decent regular cab early 90's model for awhile now. Seems like most of them are extended cab.

Leave a comment:

• Popinsmoke
    replied
    I spent the afternoon at the local pick a part and scored a set of 92 Dakota exhaust manifolds, couldn't beat the price so I am going to give them a shot.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Look at the engine photos I posted on your 4bbl thread, I have headers on a couple of those motors. On the BB I used Schumacher. On the Imperial I used an A Body Tri Y.

With a mostly stock small block I don't think you need more than a Tri Y, or 1 5/8" primary shorty for B Body.

On the intake, I used the non EGR Performer (Air Gap is too tall for Magnums).

While Improving under hood, the aluminum brake master cylinder is a good upgrade that looks and works better.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I've heard the small block Magnum exhaust manifolds flow pretty decently but don't have any experience with installing them on the cars. I would think it wouldn't be that hard to do though.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X