Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me 78 magnum

Greetings.

So I have been searching for a Magnum for a few years now, I ended up finding one on ebay about 3 hours south of me and bid what I thought was a fair price and lo and behold I won the auction!

There are a few things that I would like to change; but all in all the car has really good bones, another plus is that now I can go as wild as I want with my 67 Coronet!

First this I need to change is fix the #%$%^^#%@# vacuum leak! here is a link if you have any ideas http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/for...hnical-Q-amp-A

Welcome, and that's pretty cool. Interesting job on the interior. I wonder if that used to belong to a "former" member here? I bet that one of the few surviving RC Auto Product's spoilers too.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/sho...eeds-some-love

I thought that looked familiar, lol. Good on ya for getting thta one. As I stated in the thread, it looks like a good car and just needs a little care to be great. Glad you saw the value in it. I like when things go to the hands that appreciate it.

Comment

Magnumguy,

I am not sure if the previous owner was a member of the board or not but he did state that he has been in the Magnum game for many years, and yes that is a RC spoiler.

Comment

Nonstick,

Thanks for kind words and the advice in my other thread, Yeah the car needs some spit and polish but it has good bones, Going to be my daily driver so that I can avoid having a car payment for awhile and dump some more money into my 67 coronet. (they are never really done) I think the tacky add on's really helped me as far as getting the car for a reasonable price.

Comment

Welcome aboard, and Congratulations on your purchase! That's a good looking Magnum.

I've heard about the old RC spoiler for years, but never seen one before.
            WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

A favor if I may ask on behalf of us who are curious. Can you post pics of said spoiler? It's a bit of a rarity for us. If at all possible, hold a ruler up to height and different parts and such. I'd be interested myself, to see how tall, wide, what angles on the corners, etc.

Comment

I would be happy to do so, what pics to you want and I will get them posted up in the next day or two.

P.S. how do you edit a post, I need to fix the photo link above?

Comment

Nice looking car.

Comment

Yeah, I had heard of them, but did not realize they had that raised area all the way across the back, around the license plate. Very different from what I had envisioned.
                    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Go to the original ad, copy and save them to your desktop. Repost them here. After 24 hours or something, edit is no longer an option. What I just posted is linked to ebay and likely will expire when the original auction goes blank to the ages.

Comment

Thanks for the info, that makes sense I didn't know there was a time limit on editing a post.

Comment

Working...
                        X