Devastating Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devastating Fire

I feel the need to tell my Magnum/Late B crowd about something that happened late Sunday night. A Magnum friend (not on FB, but I believe he may be a member here, has lost his 30+ year collection of NOS and used Magnum parts and 3 Magnums (one a former car of mine) and a boat, camper, cycles, snowmobiles and other possessions. I wont' pass along the name out of respect to his and his wife's wishes, but I just feel compelled to pass along this unfortunate incident.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	243401

Name:	Fire2.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	243402

Name:	Fire3.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	243403

Name:	Fire4.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	243404
    You can see a t-top one here, I've driven this one @ the Nats.

Name:	Fire5.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	243405

This is probably one of the greatest fears we have is fire or theft or vandalism. I ask for prayers of calm for him and the family, they have lost a lifetime of collection of items. Thankfully nobody was hurt physically, but emotionally spent. I spoke with them today, they're in shock. I keep putting myself in their position, as we both had years upon years of collection of parts and several cars. I cannot fathom what it is like. I'm just devastated about it. The whole I kept thinking about them and their situation.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Jeez, that's awful. It's quite shocking when a fire happens to you. It's a long road, but you DO recover.

DO NOT let it wear you down. It's so easy to cave, I can't even tell you how many times I've wanted ot give up having to rebuild and replace everything here after mine. But something happens one day. You turn around and things seem to just click, happen and be rebuilt better than before. Stay strong, this too shall pass.

Comment

Wow, that's terrible Bill. My thoughts are with them.
      The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

so glad to hear nobody was hurt. in the end its all BS car parts not life. hang in there !
        Who's your daddy ?

Comment

That's terrible. I cannot imagine. Prayers for the family to overcome this incredible setback.
          WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Glad to hear no one was hurt.

I hope he was insured on some level, although it won't make them whole. Hopefully it was only storage and not the house. That's where it really hurts. Like non said, it is a slow road to recover, but we all do. It sucks to lose almost everything.
            "You're only as old as the women you feel."
            -Groucho Marx
            Moparless for now

Comment

Ouch, this type of thing does really suck. I've helped people a few times with this type of stuff and tornado damage/loss. It doesn't hit home until you're there on ground zero.

Comment

Working...
              X