1978 dodge magnum door hinge interchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 dodge magnum door hinge interchange

does anybody know what year door hinges interchange with a 78 dodge magnum mine are shot both top and bottom both sides someone told me 71-79 b body are all the same i dont have a clue thanks.

You can buy a kit to refresh them, but off hand, can't think who carries it. Maybe someone will chime in. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can find out.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Also, I believe that the 73 and up will work, maybe further back

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
        You can buy a kit to refresh them, but off hand, can't think who carries it. Maybe someone will chime in. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can find out.
        I never did this on a Magnum, but I did do this on a 1988 Diplomat. I got the door hinge kit from NAPA, but it was not for a Mopar.....don't remember what it was from, but I just knew the dimensions of the pin, and replaced the pin and bushings.

It was a fairly easy job, just drilling and installing new bushings and pin; the hardest part of the whole operation was removing the door by myself....AND re-installing it......they are HEAVY......!!

It would help to have a picture of the door hinge setup, as Mopar used different styles over the years, and I think the 2 door versions are different from the 4 door!
        Mopar was never noted for good door fit, and years of use did see a LOT of sag......!

Comment

yep mine sags a lot both of them

Comment

Remanufactured door hinge set for a 78 Magnum

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-RESTORAT...AejOLQ&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by 79MAGGT View Post
              Remanufactured door hinge set for a 78 Magnum

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-RESTORAT...AejOLQ&vxp=mtr

WOWWWWWWWW. what? Why? Basically he's rebuilding the hinge with new bushings, sandblasting and painting for 220 dollars?!?!?! Add 60 more if you have no core? Am I wrong, or is that a bit "much"?

Comment

I guess that depends on how bad you want to NOT do it yourself.
                WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

I guess I'm lost. Whenever I've done this, I just knock the pic and bushings out. Replace, install. Is there some sort of "Ugh! I'd PAYYYY somebody to do this" type of gesture?

Comment

I was checking them out yesterday and its the bottom hinge on both sides that are bad.

Comment

i found a rebuild kit for a 74 charger it looks the same as the parts on my door hinge im just going to buy that kit its for both doors. i have rebuilt door hinges before but they were amc's i have been out of the mopar car game for a long time this is my first mopar in 15 years matter of fact the last mopar i had was a 79 magnum but that was just my every day car back then and my summer car was a 73 javelin/amx.
                      Last edited by dodgert01; 02-28-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

http://www.classicindustries.com/pro...ts/mb1846.html

Classic has a master rebuild kit for 45 bucks. I'm sure they can be found elsewhere for cheaper ( ebay, maybe? ). I just can't see this being a 225 dollar gesture. But I suppose if nobody really wants to do it, I will rebuild your hinges for 199.95 .

Comment

no that's OK i can do it myself lol its not that hard i have rebuilt my share of door hinges in the past.

Comment

Heh, that's kinda what I thought while looking at the ebay guy doing "resto" on them. Are you nuts? I'll do that myself. Even a master rebuild kit is 50 bucks. Fairly easy to do and the results are well worth it. Get a brass drift and knock them pins out. Slap in the new bushings and away ya go.

Comment

We just got Chevy pins and bushings from NAPA a few years ago and that worked fine, that was for the '79 Magnum.
                              1975 Charger SE E68 323
                              1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
                              1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
                              1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

Working...
                              X