No announcement yet.

New Ride 1979 Cordoba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you again. The car is dropped at the shop. I'm having the A/C fixed and new mufflers installed. Just driving the car a short distance to the shop I think it drives better with the factory wheels and factory sized tires? Anyways, next up is new door seals and I scored a NOS 78 speedometer.

Comment

Well, I've been busy between many things. I've managed to change the spark plugs, fuel filter, and I tried to tilt the seat back slightly for a little extra leg room and back comfort. I sold the one set of wheels and tires on it and back to stock for now. Planning on going for a more old school look on the tires. I was really wanting to do 15x8 front and 15x10 rear but, looks like most of those wheels in my budget are unilug. The other things is I've got the mufflers kind of broke in and the A/C works alright.

Comment

Nice pics , good looking car !
        All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

Originally posted by magnumminded View Post
          Well, Planning on going for a more old school look on the tires. I was really wanting to do 15x8 front and 15x10 rear but, looks like most of those wheels in my budget are unilug.
          Craigslist, man. Either that or a swap meet.

Comment

Thank you. I think I'm actually going to go to some retro looking 17s if possible in the future I hope. It's getting hard to find a selection of 15 inch wheels that would look good or okay on this car. 17 inch wheels would also give me a greater selection of tires as well.

Comment

Hrmmm..... does anybody know if modern rims from a 300 or Chally would fit? It's a thought.

If not, may I suggest old style Ansen Sprint/Slots?.....

Comment

American Racing has something similar but, I'm not sure if it will look good. I was thinking something chrome that would better match the color and the rest of the car. I was thinking something like the Cragars on this truck. They are 17s and unfortunately, Cragar use to produce these wheels in 16" about twelve years ago. I'm looking for something with a little more dish. Finding 15s now a days with a deeper dish to them is a little hard but, going to 17s will give me a few extra wheel choices and tire choices. The attached picture of the truck shows the wheels I'm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post
                  Hrmmm..... does anybody know if modern rims from a 300 or Chally would fit? It's a thought.
                  No, the German-derived bolt pattern is different.
                  WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Working...
                  X