X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magnumminded
    started a topic Considering A Late B with a 318

Considering A Late B with a 318

Just wondering if these drive similar with a 318 to say an M-Body Chrysler Fifth Avenue? I just sold an 84 Chrysler Fifth Avenue with 96k miles. The Fifth Avenue had 2.26 gears and was mainly stock except for the 2 1/4 single exhaust and Canadian Y-pipe thank you.

• DynoDave
    replied
    That's beautiful!

But I'm biased. I had a '78 in Cadet Blue with a white halo top and white leather interior. I LOVED that car!

Again, congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• magnumminded
    replied
    Here's the wheel in case it didn't show up in the last post. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...o/DSCF0204.jpg

Leave a comment:

• magnumminded
    replied
    An older MP Performance Distributor. It has a bog at WOT from a stop the couple of times I tried but, right now I'm not going to mess with it and besides that this car has 2.45 gears anyways so it does cruise nicely at 60 mph or so. I already have a set of Cooper Cobras I just mounted on Mirada wheels but, decided I wanted to go to a different wheel. So, this is what I'll be running.

Leave a comment:

• R-body_mopar
    replied
    Originally posted by magnumminded View Post
    Okay one small teaser.

Nice looking car!

One question: lean burn removed....did you use a stock distributor?, or a Mopar Performance distributor; it makes a BIG difference! The mechanical timing curves are vastly different, and the vacuum advance is adjustable on the MP unit!

Leave a comment:

• magnumminded
    replied
    Okay one small teaser.

Leave a comment:

• magnumminded
    replied
    Okay since, some of you asked. I still don't have any pictures because I'm still waiting to add my personal touch on the car. Anyways, what's been upgraded. Well, here's a few things. No more Lean Burn, Edelbrock Performer Intake with a 4bbl Thermoquad to replace the 2bbl carburetor, dual exhaust, 340 camshaft and double roller timing chain installed, CD player installed, Wiper Cam upgraded?, front end rebuilt and poly bushings, new HD leaf springs, and a bunch of spare/NOS parts. It's not perfect but, it is a pretty decent car.

Leave a comment:

• magnumminded
    replied
    I will post more about the car later. Right now I got one thing I bought before I got the car and would like to sale now that I've changed my mind.

Leave a comment:

• R-body_mopar
    replied
    Originally posted by magnumminded View Post
    Thank you again Bill. I ended up with a 79 Cordoba with a 360 basically built up to 79 300 specs. Plus I got a bunch of parts to go with the car. I practically have a whole interior to redo the car plus, a lot more.

Congrats on the new car, Steve!

Tell us more about the Cordoba, and what has been upgraded?.........lot's of stuff you can do to improve on the 'Doba, to get it to police/HD specs.....AND......I MAY have some parts for you, some NOS Mopar!

Where are you located??? AND.....we NEED pics......lol!!!

Leave a comment:

• DynoDave
    replied
    Congratulations on the purchase! Have any pictures?

Leave a comment:

• magnumminded
    replied
    Thank you again Bill. I ended up with a 79 Cordoba with a 360 basically built up to 79 300 specs. Plus I got a bunch of parts to go with the car. I practically have a whole interior to redo the car plus, a lot more.

Leave a comment:

• Magnumguy
    replied
    OK, I was going to tell you about that one in VA., but we've covered that ground

Leave a comment:

• magnumminded
    replied
    Thank you BK. I'm okay with 2.45 or even 2.7x ratios as I drive highway anyways. I really like the 2.76 gears I had in a 68 B-Body.

Leave a comment:

• magnumminded
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
    Steve?
    Yes, its me Bill lol.

Leave a comment:

• R-body_mopar
    replied
    For what it's worth....

I have driven almost all Mopars from the '60's to the '80's, and I consider the '79 300 or the '79-80 R-body police E-58 4dr to be the best of all of them, both in ride and handling;the 360 is not as good as the old BB engines (383, 400, 440), but it does the job, and is about as good as it gets in that period. The only other exception might be the late B 440 police cars, (Fury/Monaco) '77-'78, but these are hard to come by, and probably non-existent in the rust belt....lol!
    (AND....they don't handle worth a darn!)

The important thing to remember is that it is necessary to upgrade ANY of these cars with ALL of the available POLICE/TRAILER TOW options, as the stock suspension and equipment is really not up to snuff.....!!!! JMO!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X