X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khan View Post
    So then...
    So then....
    A month later..after giving the car away... he saw it sitting on the side of the road for sale..... he bought it. He took the car back to his home to only sit where it sat awhile back because he knew that if he didn't..that dang grass would keep growing in that one spot...SO..now the grass stopped growing there and that gives him more time off of the lawn mower and one more beer to drink..
    9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Oh Jeez Mutt LOL

Khan, is there anything wrong with the rear end in your car or are you trying to ID it?

Comment

hahahahahahaa

Member USCCA

Comment

Thanks Cranky - the rear end is fine, I was just hoping to learn about the marks and casting - but now I also have the knowledge of Chrysler's version of Roundup Weed B'gone

Comment

I am still wondering about these and what they mean..

I thought somewhere I saw a post or pic that the circled A might have had something to do with gear size... Still surfing....but every search for chrysler mopar differential rear end casting marks id...I get pictures of rear ends and dana tags

Member USCCA

Comment

So..What year Cordoba? What size rear is that..? 8 1/4?

Member USCCA

Comment

1978 with the factory J code 360 4bbl

Comment

the yellow grease pencil markins scream SALVAGE to me after all the years I sold salvage.
                  Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                  "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                  I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
                    1978 with the factory J code 360 4bbl
                    Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                    the yellow grease pencil markins scream SALVAGE to me after all the years I sold salvage.
                    J code 1978 360 4bbl is only California or high altitude package, NOT a HP 360, which would be an L code; here in NY I never saw a J code 360, only K code (2 bbl.). or L code (4 bbl. police/HD). All L code 360's here had 9.25" rears, not the 8.25" rear referred to in this photo; and I agree, the grease pencil markings would be common to salvage, and the 8.25" rear was NOT a very durable unit; common problems with carrier bearings and axle bearings, sometimes cheaper to replace than repair....

Comment

So - turns out that, cross checking against maintenance records, 9/93 was the last time the rear end was serviced - at about 48,000 miles. Since she just turned 50,000 miles yesterday, I thought I would treat her to a fresh fill and gasket. Easy job. Thanks for all your input.

Comment

Working...
                      X