Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

78 - 79 Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Cordoba New Trunk weather strip seal "Finally"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 - 79 Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Cordoba New Trunk weather strip seal "Finally"

Ok, so while I was at MATS (Mopars at the Strip) Las Vegas last week, I stopped by the Metro seal booth and was talking to the Rep. I told him that I needed a new trunk seal for my 78 Magnum. I had purchased one from another vendor that was listed for a Magnum, but it wasn't even close. The Magnum seal has a steel core that goes over a pinch weld. The older cars had a glue on seal which is what I got. He said that they didn't make one, which I already knew, but told me to bring the seal over to see if he had something that would work. So I went back to the car and pulled the seal and took it over. What we found was a generic GM door seal that fit perfectly. Only $32.00 Here are a few pics of the installed seal and one with the Metro part number. They will be listing these in the next catalog for Magnums and Cordobas. Easy install: lay it over the pinch weld and just press it on. I had to cut about 9" off. Really nice soft seal and doesn't make the deck lid bulge up. Much better than pulling old used crap from the JY.

Nice find!

Unfortunately, that won't work for my '77. It's glued on, like the earlier cars. That must have been a '78/'79 thing.
    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Good deal, and good to know.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

i know this is an old, but i just did it like 20 minutes ago fits like a charm thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
        X