No announcement yet.

Soft Corinthian Leather or is it Vinyl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Corinthian Leather or is it Vinyl?

I scored a set of leather seats for my 76 Cordoba. They are out of another 76 a guy is parting out. They are in decent shape, but will need to be redyed. I was wondering though if my suspicions are correct in assuming that the leather is only the inserts on the seat and the seatbacks of the seats, and not the trim portions or head rest areas. Is that correct? I want to make sure I prep them correctly and don't want to mess up either the leather or vinyl by using the wrong cleaners and prep materials. As always, any input is appreciated.

Can't see the picture(s)

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Can't attach any pictures

Comment

CHY, don't feel bad about pics not posting, I can't either. Some on here will condemn you for that, others will send you their cell fone number so you can send them that way.
        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
          Can't see the picture(s)
          Originally posted by chykov's76doba View Post
          Can't attach any pictures

Does any of this help???:

http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/sho...g+instructions

Comment

What I really want to know is there something anyone would recommend to prep the vinyl parts that might not be used on the leather parts and vice versa? I don't want to ruin either. So, if I knew what parts were vinyl and what parts were leather that would be helpful.

One other thing, under posting permissions, below, it says that I may not post attachments.

How does one go about getting the permission to post attachments?

Just wondering

Thanks

Comment

Usually the seating areas are leather and the sides vynal.
              2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Forgive the hand-drawn nature of this photo, and using a rear seat for reference, but I think you'll get the idea.

The area inside the yellow line is leather. Everything else is vinyl. Thus, "leather seating surfaces".

And yes, there will be specific cleaners and conditioners for each. There's good care and product info. here.

http://www.autogeek.net/indet.html

Pricey? Yes, but just drop in your local upholstery shop and get a quote on replacing that leather. Proper care is definitely a good investment.
                WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Thank you gn300, that is what I thought, just wanted to make sure.
                  Last edited by chykov's76doba; 02-24-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
                    Forgive the hand-drawn nature of this photo, and using a rear seat for reference, but I think you'll get the idea.

The area inside the yellow line is leather. Everything else is vinyl. Thus, "leather seating surfaces".

And yes, there will be specific cleaners and conditioners for each. There's good care and product info. here.

http://www.autogeek.net/indet.html

Pricey? Yes, but just drop in your local upholstery shop and get a quote on replacing that leather. Proper care is definitely a good investment.
                    Dave -

Thanks again for your help. I agree, I know I would be paying through the nose to have them re-upholstered, so I wanted to make sure I don't screw anything up when I try to clean and prep them for the color change.

I only wish I could figure out how to get my pictures to post (or get the proper authorizations).

Thanks again to all for your help.

Comment

My 76 seems to have a little different seats from the picture. Canadian Cordoba and all original. Pictures in the garage if this doesn't show.
                      http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/gar...vehicle&id=653

Comment

Interesting...you got more leather than I did in '77! LOL

Actually, IIRC, those look a lot like my 71/72 Charger seats. But to be fair, I haven't seen them in 20 years, so my memory may be off.
                        WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

I believe SEM has the proper prep and paints for doing interior work. It's all in the prep.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Working...
                          X