Those Aggravatiing Holley 2245 Carbs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Aggravatiing Holley 2245 Carbs

I have several of these laying around, took notion Labor Day to try out some, and most all but maybe 1 has this issue with lowspeed/idle issues, either not running at all or seemingly idling on one circuit.

Any advice on what to do with these monsters? I'm getting quite a collection of them.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Originally posted by Magnumguy

Any advice on what to do with these monsters? I'm getting quite a collection of them.
    I took one off a 360 years back...wanted to install it on a 318 but the bolt pattern was larger than a 318 carb.. It has sat in a dark corner under the cabinet for a very long time now.. Most likely been a home for many different creatures..

Next week when I clean out the garage.. if you want one more..I will send it to you...free...if you want..... Other than a doorstop...I have not much use for it..

If I recall..It flooded all the time......
    9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
      Next week when I clean out the garage.....
      Seems like I remember you saying that a long time ago and I was looking for something that you said you had whenever you cleaned up the garage and found it. But, elifIknow what that was now lol

Comment

Well...I did clean it out...BUT...it is back to a huge mess now.. I won't even share a pic of it..I'm talking like..tha place be trashed...tools in 5 different coolers..boxes and bucket trashed..

think it was an air cleaner lid?? maybe someone else was lookin for that.. I sent hemisat 3 or 4 Racer Brown roller cams...
        9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

No, not an air cleaner lid....heck, if it was important, I'd remember lol. I'm 'finally' getting my shop in shape after moving out of my storage building....what, 2 years ago lol. Still have things advertised for sale but man, seems like that hit a brick wall.

Comment

Hi Bill: I know I'm a little late but the problem I had with my carburetor was one of the pickup tubes had some debris in it. I would take the carb apart and clean everything, car would run good for awhile and then I would have idling problems. Biggest clue is one of the idle mixture adjustments doesn't do much. I removed the pick up tube and spent some time cleaning it out. Ever since the car has run and idled fine. From everything I've read about this carb it seems to be a common problem. Otherwise it's a pretty good carburetor.

Dave
            Original owner --- 1978 Dodge Magnum XE

Comment

Originally posted by daveo50 View Post
              Hi Bill: I know I'm a little late but the problem I had with my carburetor was one of the pickup tubes had some debris in it. I would take the carb apart and clean everything, car would run good for awhile and then I would have idling problems. Biggest clue is one of the idle mixture adjustments doesn't do much. I removed the pick up tube and spent some time cleaning it out. Ever since the car has run and idled fine. From everything I've read about this carb it seems to be a common problem. Otherwise it's a pretty good carburetor.

Dave

Those carbs have two tubes going down into the main body, which are difficult to remove and clean (compressed air works sometimes, but be sure you have it in a cardboard box to catch the tubes; otherwise they might end up on the other end of the shop.....!)......but they must come out; as said above, debris gets in there, and one of them will plug, leaving you with no idle circuit on 4 cylinders! My experience with them is about 50-50 for repair.....BUT, when they work, they are good carbs!

Comment

Working...
              X