Late B build on Gearz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late B build on Gearz

Watching Stacy David's "Gearz" on MAVTV today, and he's starting a build of a '73 Satellite as a fast, well handling sleeper.

No date on the program information...is this episode new? I've seen most of his shows in reruns, but never seen this.
    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

They are working on a 73-74 Sebring. The front suspension is modified using a Magnum Force Transformer K Frame. (Not the tubular drag unit) They added bars from the firewall to the front frame (Included in the kit) to mount the upper A arms. There are added bolt in mounts for 73-74 B's. I am not sure what the differences are from 74 to 79.
    I am normally not impressed with that company, but the fact that they are willing to make their product adaptable to isolated subframe cars is impressive.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
    Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by gsmagnum View Post
      The front suspension is modified using a Magnum Force Transformer K Frame. (Not the tubular drag unit) They added bars from the firewall to the front frame (Included in the kit) to mount the upper A arms.
      I saw that. I was glad to see there is a now a stronger, more road focused unit available, Vs. the drag racing oriented tubular piece. I wasn't always impressed with this company, but that looks like a nice system for those wanting to go rack and coilover.

I am normally not impressed with that company, but the fact that they are willing to make their product adaptable to isolated subframe cars is impressive.
      :yeah that:
      WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

I watch this program and the one right after it "Two Guys Garage" with Willy B mainly because I know him from drag racing, radio disc jockey and his early years as an MMA fighter.

Crazy kid when growing up and coming to Denver, was always in trouble for doing what he felt like doing getting others involved, most of the time against the law. Once he got the disk jockey job on KBPI in Denver he was pretty good for the first couple years then he went wild again, parties, drinking and so on. His fans loved it, got great ratings so the radio station said nothing. Having a Wildman doing what fans only dreamed of with his drag racing, motorcycle racing, go-cart stuff, wild parties with super chicks and everyone being invited.

One of his first TV series was working with "Pinks" and "Pinks All Out" the drag racing show, he made Stacy David's "Gearz" show look pretty tame.

At Bandimere's Speedway he has several car shows that he hosts each season plus always seen running one of his Dodge Chargers (9 second cars). If Willy B is around he's got pretty young women handing out, now that's our kind of guy if the wives aren't looking.
        Mural Persuasion
        "OFFER THE GENTLEMAN A CIGAR, IF HE REFUSES, SHOOT THE SONOFABITCH".
        Mark Twain 1891

Comment

I wish Reilly Motorsports would adapt the AlterKtion unit to fit 73 and up B's.

I didn't know that about the guy on 2 Guys Garage. I will watch it, but don't DVR it.
          I like watching the original pair (Sam and Dave) on Motorhead Garage on Velocity.
          The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
          Ronald Reagan

Comment

They are working on a 73-74 Sebring. The front suspension is modified using a Magnum Force Transformer K Frame. (Not the tubular drag unit) They added bars from the firewall to the front frame (Included in the kit) to mount the upper A arms. There are added bolt in mounts for 73-74 B's. I am not sure what the differences are from 74 to 79.
            What company are you talking about GS?
            1975 Charger SE E68 323
            1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
            1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
            1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

Originally posted by Dobaroy View Post
              What company are you talking about GS?
              Magnum Force.
              Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
              X