Wipers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipers

On our 1975 Charger when you shut the wipers off, they seem to want to sit just at the bottom of the windshield and won't go down below the w'shield as they should. Checked in the cowl and there doesn't seem to be any obstruction there. Any ideas? Thanks
    1975 Charger SE E68 323
    1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
    1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
    1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Originally posted by Dobaroy
    On our 1975 Charger when you shut the wipers off, they seem to want to sit just at the bottom of the windshield and won't go down below the w'shield as they should. Checked in the cowl and there doesn't seem to be any obstruction there. Any ideas? Thanks

Roy, we need more information: 2 spd or 3 spd wipers, intermittent or not?

Mopar wipers have been a problem since day one......and they changed them constantly, as to motors, linkage, etc.

What is the number on the wiper motor tag? I have a NOS wiper motor #3799627 (2 spd) that you can have for a reasonable price.....but not sure about shipping to Canada?

Comment

Don't use UPS. Brokerage fee ripoff. FedEx has been ok. I need to get a mail box in Niagara Falls NY and pickup my stuff there and pay the duty at the border.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. R-Body, we haven't been buying any parts recently from the US because of the exchange and the mailing is way out of line right now. We checked the tag and the part # is 3431718. It is a 2 speed motor, not intermittent. The wipers are working fine in both speeds, just that when you shut them off they will not go all the way down.
        And BBlock you are right, UPS is brutal with their extra charges and fees, haven't used them in years.
        1975 Charger SE E68 323
        1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
        1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
        1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

Working...
        X