TTI Torque Shaft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTI Torque Shaft

I am looking for conformation on fitment. I am putting headers on my 400 in my 77 Cordoba. It is a column shift car. In looking on TTI web site, all they have is an assembly for 71-74 B-body P/N B7174TSA-7 for a 727 Trans. Is this the one a few people on here used on their late B-body? Thanks

The one I used for my BB Magnum was the Schumacher Tri-Y headers and TTI's column shift adapter. It is a street car with a hot motor -- and the Tri-Ys work perfectly.

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Do you happen to know the part number of the adapter you used. Thanks

Comment

Nope -- but TTI only makes one shifter adapt or and you have to get from them

Comment

Tell them MoparStyle.com sent you!

Comment

Ok Thanks

Comment

I had same problem on my '72 Charger 360CI. I took pictures of my linkage and emailed them to TTY and they came back with an adapter that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
                The one I used for my BB Magnum was the Schumacher Tri-Y headers and TTI's column shift adapter. It is a street car with a hot motor -- and the Tri-Ys work perfectly.

BK - did you have to drill the small holes bigger to get the stock linkage to fit? My bracket the small holes (steering column and the gear selector) will not fit the stock linkage let alone the factory grommets. There were no instruction in the box, only the one telling you how to modify the rear linkage. BTW did you modify the rear linkage, as it looks like you did not have to.

EDIT: I see in this picture you still have stock set up installed. Still looking for some insight on what was needed to be done.
                Last edited by XCELLR8; 04-27-2014, 02:00 PM. Reason: additional comments

Comment

It was over ten years ago, and while I remember I had to think out the installation, I can't remember what I did. I don't remembering it being too tough.

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

On our '77 Doba we put the Schumakers on a long time ago and they fit pretty slick but it has the console shift and I do believe it makes a big difference and I can see why you are having problems, good luck with it. Maybe it's time to go to a console shift.
                      1975 Charger SE E68 323
                      1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
                      1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
                      1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

Working...
                      X