Aftermarket Floor shifter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Floor shifter

Has anybody put an aftermarket floor shifter in a non-consoled car? Which shifter did you use? Details of the installation? I have been thinking about putting in a mega shifter, but don't know if it will sit too low. I see they make one for trucks that has a taller base. Would I need shift linkage from a floor shift late B? Looking to see what has been done already.

I have done 2 Magnums with the B&M Star shifter and 1 with the Turbo Action Cheetah SCS shifter. Either are pretty easy installs. You don't need any of the factory floor shift components. Both are cable operated, come with all the mounting hardware, and a breeze to install. Just need to drill 4 holes to mount the shifter to the trans tunnel, and route and mount the shifter cable and brackets. I would recommend the B&M Star shifter or Mega shifter. There are no problems with the height.

B&M Star Shifter

Cheetah SCS Shifter

Comment

Originally posted by 79MAGGT View Post
      I have done 2 Magnums with the B&M Star shifter and 1 with the Turbo Action Cheetah SCS shifter. Either are pretty easy installs. You don't need any of the factory floor shift components. Both are cable operated, come with all the mounting hardware, and a breeze to install. Just need to drill 4 holes to mount the shifter to the trans tunnel, and route and mount the shifter cable and brackets. I would recommend the B&M Star shifter or Mega shifter. There are no problems with the height.

B&M Star Shifter

Cheetah SCS Shifter

Thanks for the info! Did you build your console or use a factory piece? I am wanting to just mount it to the floor, as I do not want to lose the buddy seat my car has.

Comment

Those are modified factory consoles.

Comment

Working...
        X