speed control diaphram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed control diaphram

Looking for a new ( or good used ) speed control diaphragm for the cruise control on my wife's 79 300.

I remember having a problem finding one about ten years back. Finally scored on eBay.

id place an ad in the wanted section of the Free Classifieds and at www.cash-or-barter.com
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Thanks BK, I'll give it a shot. Did E-bay already - and a few yards in my area to no avail.

Comment

My 1980 parts book gives a number of 3769294 for JET bodies; should be the same for earlier B-bodies. Do a google search or try partsvoice.com

This should be a pretty common item, as it was a popular over the counter dealer installed item also. Good luck!

Comment

Both of these dealers list that part number on Partsvoice:

http://www.arizonaparts.com/

http://collectorsautosupply.com/

Comment

I can confirm that the 81 Imperial and 78 Magnum look identical
            Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
            Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
            Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

What's good about that is that those appear to be the same unit from mid 70's up to the 90's, and maybe beyond.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

If you do collectable Auto Supply, open your wallet wide. They have those wiper arms w/bushings, almost $400

Comment

While the subject's up, does anyone rebuild these things?

Comment

Originally posted by Crizila
                    Looking for a new ( or good used ) speed control diaphragm for the cruise control on my wife's 79 300.
                    I have my mopar fanatic buddy searching thru his stuff. He says he should have a few of them laying around. he's got boatloads of older chargers, challengers, etc.. PM me about them and we'll figure something out. Curt
                    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help on this. No luck so far. Went through all the Chrysler manual trouble shooting checks and everything passes except the vacuum check, so pretty sure the diaphragm is bad. I have had the unit apart and all looks physically good - cables and linkage adjustments too.

Comment

Just as an update, I was able to fix the hole in my diaphragm with Permatex ultra black RTV silicone gasket maker. Patched the hole from both sides. Don't know how long it will last, but it is holding for now.

Comment

Working...
                        X