Might have misdiagnosed a thrown weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might have misdiagnosed a thrown weight

So 13 years ago I buy a set of B F Goodrich TAs (and the Keystone Wheels) for my Magnum off my softball bud Gregg Alexander who had been a mgr there since Moby Dick was a guppy. I only put 880 miles on the car in that 13 years and today I take for a drive and it feel like I threw a weight.

I guess it was a little more severe that that.

I just had this car over 100mph about 2 weeks ago -- but looks like a belt gave way
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Was it a bit wonkie,front or back?
    2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Remember the pics of the tires I had that did that? I truly hate steel belted radial tires!! The 1st gen BFG T/A's didn't do that crap....because they were NOT steel belted! And why you couldn't feel that tire at low speeds is beyond me. It should have been making that car dance around pretty good.

Comment

No matter how few miles you have on them 13 year old tires are not safe, especially at high speeds.
        The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
        ~Ted Nugent

Comment

I still have my original tires on my 99 Viper and 93 Allante

That tire was on the right rear
          Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
          Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
          Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

5 years is considered to be the max for the life of a tire. My BIL found out the hard way when one of his Mickys shed the tread doing 80 mph on a Jeep. They were about 7 or so and were starting to show their age and I kept warning him because I knew he was pushing them and my wife was making the trek back and forth to El Paso with him until I told her no more until he puts on a new set of skins. Next trip it happened and the right rear came apart and the tread wrapped around the axle and nearly took out the brake line and E-cable. It did lock up that wheel and it happened just as he passed an 18 wheeler and ended up crossing in front of him as the Jeep headed for the right shoulder. What scares me the most is that my BIL is no where near being a decent driver. He thinks he is but drives like crap and has no idea what's going on around him.

Comment

Working...
            X