X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craigp
    started a topic Trying to get an idea of worth 78 Magnum XE

Trying to get an idea of worth 78 Magnum XE

It's been a while since my last post here, life has been happening and too many interests in too many things.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to sell my 78 magnum and need some ideas of what I need to ask for it.

Basic info:
    1978 Magnum XE,
    400 (6.6L) 4 bbl (all original),
    Stock single exhaust with Flowmaster muffler,
    116K miles,
    I am third owner, I bought it in 2008. I have original dealer docs from first owner including window sticker,
    Car was bought in Sylva,NC, remained in NC until owner #2 moved to SC,
    All systems work including AC, it just needs recharge in the Spring,
    AM/8track radio,
    Black interior with black center console, this is a 9.5 out of 10, there are two splits in the dash cover, Needs nothing else,
    Some unique features include the Halo vinyl top option (not the standard Landau), red rub strips instead of black,
    Body needs to be painted, this is it's biggest fault. Has a place on the bottom of the right front fender where it looks like someone may have run over something like a garbage can and tucked the fender in a bit. It is minor and looks to be a simple job for straightening.
    A couple of small places of surface rust, very insignificant. No body rot through areas, floors solid, body solid,
    New vinyl top was done I believe in 2009,
    I also have some spare parts like extra instrument cluster, updated am/fm/cd radios, set of NOS fender trim, extra set of headlight doors, etc.

That's an overview.
    Here are some old pics, the wheels shown do not come with the car, the original turbine aluminum wheel covers with nearly new tires are on there now.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3316486/1978-dodge-magnum

So any ideas of what kind of ballpark value might be reasonable?

Thanks,
    Craig

• BK
    replied
    Need to see a lot of the same detailed photos you're going to post when you sell it before I'd give an estimate on worth.

Leave a comment:

• craigp
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
    I reread your OP, and if it's needing painted, better make it around 4G's or less. Needing repaint, especially red, makes it more costly (so I've been told).

Solid car though.
    I've heard black is the most difficult to get right and thus the most expensive. I do appreciate the info and input. I'll probably list it for around $3800 with the spares and go from there.

Leave a comment:

• craigp
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
    I would be interested if you still have it this spring. I'd start around $4-5grand and go from there. You'll probably wind up taking offers around $3grand thou. Market's still soft on old cars, even though some say the economy is moving forward ( I don't agree....).

What 400 is it, the "N" or "P" code?
    It's an "N" Code 400.

Leave a comment:

• Magnumguy
    replied
    I reread your OP, and if it's needing painted, better make it around 4G's or less. Needing repaint, especially red, makes it more costly (so I've been told).

Solid car though.

Leave a comment:

• gn300
    replied
    paint the wheels silver ....will add to value

Leave a comment:

• Magnumguy
    replied
    I would be interested if you still have it this spring. I'd start around $4-5grand and go from there. You'll probably wind up taking offers around $3grand thou. Market's still soft on old cars, even though some say the economy is moving forward ( I don't agree....).

What 400 is it, the "N" or "P" code?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X