exhaust leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust leak

I have an exhaust leak in my 1977 Chrysler Cordoba.Started it up tonight and it is a little too loud.Luckily my bio father came by and saw someone else put in the manifold gaskets.He said the 400 Chrysler which it has never came with exhaust manifold gaskets from the factory.Rest of the exhuast is good.I bought it a few years ago and been a good car for me,drive it in the spring and summer.Never seen a winter in it's life.

Dallas gas been getting the Magnum ready for me to drive, and said it also heard a ticking, requiring the header gasket needing to be changed. It also gas a 400, and is the Magnum in the above header.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Ma Mopar did put exhaust manifold gasket on some engines from the factory. Here are some used on B/RB engines that have an integral heat shield to help save your valve cover gaskets from excessive heat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Mopar-Bi...610399&vxp=mtr
      WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

My father did fix it,the exhaust manifold gaskets removed and the bolts were loose.Exhaust leak is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by alexisb View Post
          My father did fix it,the exhaust manifold gaskets removed and the bolts were loose.Exhaust leak is gone.

Glad you got fixed!

And, welcome to Style................and post pics when you get a chance!!!!

Comment

I was going to suggest to check the exhaust gas recirc tube (if it has one), pass side rear of manifold.

Glad you got it fixed.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Working...
            X