X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44Magnum

http://www.cash-or-barter.com/classi...hp?product=176

Here's the deal

About ten years ago I'd heard about 44Magnums being a special dealer package offered in the Southeast. I found this one from the original owner who lived in Atlanta -- who was in charge of new dealership designs for Dodge in the 70s and 80s. It is a fully loaded (sans T-Tops) example with the rare for 78 400ci big block. I paid $5500 for the car, plus the money to transport it back to Houston.

Admittedly I paid too much. The car has sat under cover for almost ten years now waiting for when I'd get around to restore it - or maybe make into a 9-second Drag Car to run in the NMC class. I have three other Magnums -- and truth be told, I've got bigger fish to fry. The car ran when parked -- but hasn't been started in 5-6 years.

It is a solid car -- except for an area under the vinyl top at underside of rear window. The tires are all rotted and useless. I have an open title -- meaning that the seller executed it -- but the buyer and date has been left blank. That's now an issue in some states -- but not in most. There are title services that can remedy that if your state like to break the balls.
    I can dismantle the car and sell the sum of the parts for $6000-$7000 (I've done this with other cars in far worse shape) -- and will do that in the Spring if I still have.

However, this is a car that a Magnum fan should keep on the road and in the US so if someone was to waive 40 Ben Franklins (that would be $4000 FIRM) under my nose -- they could own this car. It shouldn't take too much to run as is, and a relative easy restoration project.

Would also make a very cool drag car with a 540CI motor dropped in -- and much could be sold to help finance that.

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Send the padre a note as he knows somebody looking.

Comment

She's looking for a white one w/red interior. The polar opposite of this one. But, might show it to her anyway.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Bill, it needs a lot of work. Shouldn't be expensive, but labor intensive. It needs someone that knows cars and will replace brakes and tires, drain fluids and rebuild carb, etc. Lots of elbow grease detailing too. Has the potential of being a nice car, but it sat for years before I bought it and let it sit.
        Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
        Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
        Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Nice car to restore. I don't live in the US and I guess registration would be a problem anyway.

Comment

Dave, if it comes to being parted, I might be interested in a rolling carcass. I don't need doors or fenders or such, but could use a '78 cowl and floors and qtr's are a plus. We'll see how it winds up.

Comment

I could use a nice wiper knob....
              TNT

'78 30K Magnum XE Survivor

Comment

Originally posted by TNT View Post
                I could use a nice wiper knob....
                Didn't get the hint the other day huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
                  Didn't get the hint the other day huh?
                  Ya, I did remember it, but still had to go back and find it, but I kept forgetting too... Call it ADD, AHD. post traumatic brain injury, or the brain tumor.

I've been around forums long enough, I figured I'd get another hint...
                  TNT

'78 30K Magnum XE Survivor

Comment

Working...
                  X