No announcement yet.

Hi, All! Yes, I'm still around...have a bunch of 'unusual' parts that I might

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, All! Yes, I'm still around...have a bunch of 'unusual' parts that I might

Be welcome to part with, and want to give those here first dibs if I do...NOS 140 speedo, NIB AM/FM/8track stereo, a single lowly NIB headlight cover (don't remember which side...have to looK)...some other possible useful goodies..

All small parts, though, except for those strange turbine-looking wheels...which oddly enough, ARE factory!

Whatch lookin' for?

Pat's med bills are still coming in fast and furious, so I don't see a new Magnum happening anytime in my near future...

Good to hear from you. It has to be tough dealing with health issues and bills. Keep in touch.

Comment

Hi Bill, wondered how you've been, fire me a list of what you have and what you need for it, and I can put it on my facebook Magnum page, and of course, post it in our classyfieds.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Stay in touch! Hope your little man is doing better.
        "You're only as old as the women you feel."
        -Groucho Marx
        Moparless for now

Comment

Somebody should fill DGE479 on this... he's working fast and furious on a 79 300 now.
          1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
          2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

hey WA, great to see you back here !
            Who's your daddy ?

Comment

Originally posted by CudaZappa View Post
              Somebody should fill DGE479 on this... he's working fast and furious on a 79 300 now.
              Those wheels he has would look good on the 79 300 !

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Give me a few days, and I'll list off what I have. Like I've said in the PMs, I'd much rather keep the parts in the family that start bidding wars out on ebay.

Patrick is hanging in there; we seem to be staying right on the ratty edge of rejection; balancing the immunosopression off to keep the myriad of viruses (virii) at bay, yet keeping his body from attacking the kidney, is a delicate thing.

Obamacare is alrerady killing us...the state medicaid programs have already chnaged pretty drastically at the behest of these clueless pols...even with our insurance (which is no great thing...but they consider it a 'cadillac' plan), the amount of help that we get is limited. They actually help cover the copays and coinsurance on some of his anti-rejection meds, where OUR share of the costs can be $5000 a month...and now the feds are telling them to not cover anti-rejection meds (although they'll cover dialysis, which is NOT an option)...I have watched out health insurance steadily climb to over $40K a year, at the same time that out-of-pockets maximums and full-family deductibles have have gone through the stratosphere. We end up paying roughly the first $35,000 a year before anything else is covered...what happens in 2015 when using pre-tax dollars for medical goes away? That will jack our apparent income, and completely take away what little help we do get...effing communists.

Anyway...If I do every get into a Magnum again, it will be a driver, not a resto...

Comment

Regarding your ObamaCare... from an outside observer...I think you might find that because the Republican Party fought it so hard it was unable to be implemented as intended. You ended up with a heavily compromised system. Now I may very possibly be wrong but I don't think it was given anything like a fair chance to work.
                  Whatever the case... I hope that all comes together to help care for your lad.
                  David

Comment

The changes that I am seeing now are part of the 'as designed' plan; nothing changed by either party from the original 'you have to pass it to see what's in it' plan.

As good as your health care system can be, the condition that my son was born with is essentially uncovered in Canada. There are TWO hospitals in the country that can support them, and both of the youngsters that were going through this at the same time my guy started (2005) have passed away; one in air transit from ON to BC...we see plenty of Canadian kids here in the states paying cash for treatment.

Our system needs fixing pretty badly, but after having throughly reviewed the original plan (and as many of the 300-500 NEW pages per day that are still coming out), this is not it!\

I do appreciate the thoughts, though!

Comment

Glad to see you back on here Bill but I'm sad to hear about what's going on with your young one.....and I'm also sadden about what's happening to our country.

Comment

Good to see you posting again.. We need you here for sure.. ... oh... and 73 and keep DXing
                        9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by vintageracer View Post
                          Regarding your ObamaCare... from an outside observer...I think you might find that because the Republican Party fought it so hard it was unable to be implemented as intended. You ended up with a heavily compromised system. Now I may very possibly be wrong but I don't think it was given anything like a fair chance to work.
                          Whatever the case... I hope that all comes together to help care for your lad.
                          David
                          Odumass care will cost me MORE than what I'm paying now! how is that good? Barry Odumass needs impeached worse than Bill Clinton ever did! Sorry if I offended anyone, wait, no I'm not.
                          Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                          "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                          I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Working...
                          X