Whatya Think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatya Think?

RL78 and I made a Magnum swap, this is one of the cars I got, a 79 with 67,000 miles, 318, etc.

It came w/wheelcovers and narrow wheels. I don't like that look. So....

Which one do you prefer? I'm going, most likely, with the poverty cap look with 15x8 steelies.

1st is the wheels/tires I kept from my car.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next is 15x8's, bare.

Next, are the 15x8's with "dogdishes".

What ya think?
    Alum Fascia's
    66.67%
    Bare 15x8's
    0.00%
    15x8's w/dogdishes
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Cop car wheels but with the small round chrome centers....this pic shows them dirty but it's the only pic I have for some reason..

Comment

Hey, Bill......do the 15x8" wheels have the nubs(?) for the dogdish copcar hubcaps??

Or do they have drilled holes to hold the center caps? I have had about 50/50 of the 15x7" copcar wheels that have been drilled.....some are, some aren't; and I never figured it out!

Comment

Rick, I think the later copwheels were the ones drilled. It's the same center section as GT wheels, so they saved $$ by using the same section. These aren't copwheels, these are the 15x8's that they used on Ramchargers/Trialdusters/trucks. Actual 15x8's. I don't like the drilled hubcaps personally.

Comment

Throw some trim rings on with the poverty caps and see how it looks....and I don't really care for the caps with the holes either.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguy View Post
            Rick, I think the later copwheels were the ones drilled. It's the same center section as GT wheels, so they saved $$ by using the same section. These aren't copwheels, these are the 15x8's that they used on Ramchargers/Trialdusters/trucks. Actual 15x8's. I don't like the drilled hubcaps personally.
            What I actually wanted to know is IF the wheels are drilled for center caps, as some are, some aren't.....but not all wheels have the "nubs" to hold the copcar wheel covers, as some are plain center.....probably only the 8" wheels; as all the 7" wheels I have seen have the nubs, whether or not they are drilled for center caps.

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
            Throw some trim rings on with the poverty caps and see how it looks....and I don't really care for the caps with the holes either.
            Cranky, the poverty/police caps will only fit on the wheels with "nubs" and the police/povery caps without holes are getting kinda scarce around here. The holes were there for increased brake cooling, I believe.......not for looks!

Comment

What would the 'holy' caps cool? There are no holes in the area of the lug nuts. The slots in the wheels pretty much do that. The holes in the caps are for little boys to put rocks in

Comment

I voted facias, but if you go capless, I like to put acorn base closed chrome lug nuts on.
                Cranky's wheels look nice. Those would look good with trim rings.
                The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

I told you in a PM the small caps, but now I've changed my mind and say the aluminum fascia wheels.
                  12 Dodge Challenger SXT, 99 Dodge Dakota R/T, 89 Dodge Dakota Sport, 88 Plymouth Gran Fury, 81 Dodge Mirada, 79 Chrysler Cordoba, 68 Plymouth Valiant My Garage

Comment

Originally posted by DobaMark View Post
                    I told you in a PM the small caps, but now I've changed my mind and say the aluminum fascia wheels.
                    I'm in agreement. I think that car's begging for a styled wheel. I'm not sure that it's really a high trim car, but they just don't look "cheap" like cars that look good with the cop wheels/caps.
                    '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

R-body 20 spokes and raised white letters. BTW: I found a set across the pond in Europe on a propane Dart. (center painted black )
                      1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                      2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by CudaZappa View Post
                        R-body 20 spokes and raised white letters. BTW: I found a set across the pond in Europe on a propane Dart. (center painted black )
                        Now that's a thought....

Comment

Slots in the cop wheels cooled the brakes holes in the caps where to cool the front wheel bearings although i dought it made a difference.
                          2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Originally posted by gn300 View Post
                            Slots in the cop wheels cooled the brakes holes in the caps where to cool the front wheel bearings although i dought it made a difference.
                            I agree on the wheel slots and holes in the cap; not sure about cooling, but the holes in the caps let in enough road salt to rust the lug nuts to the wheel studs!

Comment

Working...
                            X