Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best source for new leaf springs for 78 fury?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best source for new leaf springs for 78 fury?

this being my 2 door... did cop cars get heavier ones? 51k original miles but they are shot... I had them off when I got the car and had them rearched (1st time I didnt also add a leaf while having them rearched--never again) that lasted about 6 months and the rear drooped again... it sat most of that time. I did the band aid fix of air shocks while on the road during 2009 power tour but for it to not bottom out on the easiest of dips in the road I gotta have the air shocks pumped up for more of a Stinkbug look than I like...

Eaton? Espo? Whitney? Somebody else? dont want the cheapest or the most expensive but rather the best bang for the buck... I just need the springs, I will put them on myself...

Originally posted by volaredon
    I had them off when I got the car and had them rearched (1st time I didnt also add a leaf while having them rearched--never again) that lasted about 6 months and the rear drooped again.
    I'm sorry to hear that, but am not too surprised. I've never had any faith in re-arching springs that are worn out.

Originally posted by volaredon
    Eaton? Espo? Whitney?
    I have never heard anyone with anything bad to say about Eaton. Or ESPO that I can think of. I think Bill may have had Whitney springs.
    WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

I purchased my new leafs from general spring: http://www.generalspringkc.com/Leaf_...par_s/1927.htm

Comment

I bought mine from JCWhitney. I got the HD ones to hold the rear up, been sitting like this for 16 years. No droop yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cordoba-rick View Post
          I purchased my new leafs from general spring: http://www.generalspringkc.com/Leaf_...par_s/1927.htm
          I don't see a listing for '78 Furys or Cordobas at General Spring.
          David

Comment

Click on the link, scroll down beyond the application list and then look for the application. Try this additional link: http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/78-765.htm

Comment

Originally posted by vintageracer View Post
              I don't see a listing for '78 Furys or Cordobas at General Spring.
              David
              I haven't looked yet but if they show any late Bs they will all be the same except maybe for the wagons weren't they longer than hardtop/sedan ones?
              As I remember that was the case on F body wagons vs other body styles. Ya know I was just out at JCWhitney 2 days ago for Jeep stuff. I didn't even think to ask about springs for this car while I was there gonna have to wait til winter anyway...

Comment

I purchased new HEMI styles springs from ESPO for my '79 Magnum.
                IMO, it sits low. No rake. No complaints about quality. They will be changes out soon for some with more lift in the rear. (AKA - more rake)
                '73 Cuda, 4spd, 360 - '79 Magnum, 318 - 400 swap

Comment

I always bought my from espo springs. I usually bought the five leaf instead of four leaf put over a houndred thousane miles on a set no quality problems. I always added poly bushings to them also.
                  1979 Chrysler 300 (408 stroker) SOLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cordoba-rick View Post
                    Click on the link, scroll down beyond the application list and then look for the application. Try this additional link: http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/78-765.htm
                    Aha ! Thank you Rick. I gave up too easily.
                    David

Comment

I've bought Espos and a set from Whitney. The Whitneys were Espos.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	242176Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0153.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	242177Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0156.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	242178Jeez...I found all the installation hardware for the new set of springs that I bought for the Magnum...the spring aren't in my warehouse, but I'll bet they are at my mechanic's place, probably still in saran wrap...I have a whole Kanter CHR751 front end kit with a fresh set of bearings, too..

Comment

Kanter... hoo boy are they even still around? I got time as the fury is going into the barn for the winter in a couple days, insurance is coming off.

Comment

I had to check, yeah, they are....but the parts were a PST kit, just repackaged!

Comment

Working...
                            X