79 Magnum next project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Magnum next project

Just picked this up yesterday. 79 with a 318-2. Runs good, 80,00 original miles. Pretty much all original except for the wheels. Absolutely zero rust. Also got a full set of 15X7 cop wheels and a few other extra parts thrown in. Going to stash this one away till next year and then ?

Very Nice!

Comment

Sweet! I had a 79 just like it except for t's and a 360.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Nice score!!

Comment

Congrats on the new addition, it looks sweet!
          The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Very nice,
            I like the look of both sets of wheels.... which might you use on it?
            David

Comment

Good looking magnum. Those wheels I like on there also!
              1979 Chrysler 300 (408 stroker) SOLD!!!

Comment

Quick update:

Came back to Colorado Springs for a few days and figured I would get a little work done on this Magnum. Did all the brakes, the front rotors had enough to cut, they were factory Chrysler, but the rear drums were out of tolerance. Couldn't find any American or Canadian made drums in town, so had to settle for the crap Chinese stuff. I did have NOS rear shoes and NOS front cop pads, the good healthy asbestos stuff. Also did al the shock absorbers. Used the ones off my other Magnum which were near new. Did a complete tune up, plugs, cap, filters, PCV, etc. This thing runs really well for a 318-2 with 180,000 miles and factory lean burn. Also switched out the Mustang 17" wheels for the GT wheels that I had sitting in my shop. Tires are off my other Magnum with only about 400 miles on them. I like the GT wheels better. Still have to replace the busted driver side window regulator. Will do that tomorrow before I head back to SLC.

BEFORE

AFTER

Comment

To me, the wheels make a big difference.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

What would the wheels look like without the rings and painted body color they look too dark, I' bet it would handle good with the 17"s.
                    2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

I think the GT wheels look better. That's still a great looking car.
                      The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Originally posted by 80 Aspen RT View Post
                        I think the GT wheels look better. That's still a great looking car.
                        ^^X2 Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                        X