Over before it even really started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over before it even really started

I haven't been out to the Cordoba for about 2 weeks as we were getting ready for, and then headed for vacation in BC. Got back yesterday, and went for a drive this evening to make sure everything was kosher with the car to bring it home tomorrow. Got out to the farmers place it's been sitting at since I got it, and there's no sign of the old girl anywhere. I knock on his door and he is just as dumbfounded as I am when I ask where the car is. He says about 2 weeks ago he saw a truck pull into the yard with a trailer, load the car up and head out and he said nothing as he thought it was me picking it up. This car sat for 16 years with not one damn person showing any interest, I get it up and running and ready to drive home, and now all of a sudden it's a hot commodity. Way to much of a coincidence if you ask me. Someone knew damn well that it was running, and exactly where it sat as it is far off of any main roads. I have NEVER been this angry. I'm thinking that she's either sitting in a scrap yard somewhere or someone is tearing it apart for a demo derby. F*%^.

I hope the police don't blow it off because it's "old". That's a cryin' shame. I suggest you go to the local scrap yards too, and derbies. I don't think you can scrap a car in the US w/o proof of ownership?

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

[quote ]Today, 06:18 AM
      Magnumguy
      I hope the police don't blow it off because it's "old". That's a cryin' shame. I suggest you go to the local scrap yards too, and derbies. I don't think you can scrap a car in the US w/o proof of ownership? [quote]

You can get rid of them , but theose yards are on the shady side .

All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

Well that sucks!! Someone who knows you maybe??

Comment

Had to be somebody that knew you were working on it. That's too bad, sorry to hear about it, I hope you get it back.

Friggen people that steal stuff piss me off.
          The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

I hate thieves!!!!!!!!
            Shawn
            72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
            89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hate to think it may be someone watching your thread?

Comment

That's sad and really disappointing. People who do stuff like that make me sick.

Comment

If what you're saying adds up, I'd bet your second thought or something similar along the lines of them taking it for the driveline makes better sense. There weren't neighbors nearby were there?

I'd officially flag it as stolen. Most people will not touch a car with a VIN that's listed as stolen.
                  '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

I think the farmer or who ever the farmer talks to knows something .........
                    9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

They used to hang horse thieves....

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

That's awful. I'm very sorry to hear that.
                        WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

While at church this morning I found out that the pastor and his wife along with a new bride and groom had their vehicles broken into and purses along with wallets stole from a wedding rehearsal in our local park last week. It is my personal belief that if a thief is caught stealing they should have their hand cut off! If a person is caught with stolen items that they know are stolen they need some fingers removed. Since the "Bakken" erupted in this area I have had a motorcycle and some other personal property stolen form me. My neighbors have had break ins at their houses as well. There is a murder every couple of months and the drugs are insane here now. I know it is worse elsewhere but this is a county of 6,000 people, not 600,000. Maybe the countries that amputate or behead people are onto something.
                          Shawn
                          72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                          89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon View Post
                            While at church this morning I found out that the pastor and his wife along with a new bride and groom had their vehicles broken into and purses along with wallets stole from a wedding rehearsal in our local park last week. It is my personal belief that if a thief is caught stealing they should have their hand cut off! If a person is caught with stolen items that they know are stolen they need some fingers removed. Since the "Bakken" erupted in this area I have had a motorcycle and some other personal property stolen form me. My neighbors have had break ins at their houses as well. There is a murder every couple of months and the drugs are insane here now. I know it is worse elsewhere but this is a county of 6,000 people, not 600,000. Maybe the countries that amputate or behead people are onto something.
                            we kinda take our own justice out here around me. we get robbed, eveidence shows up quick, then you have only one option, take what you stole back, apologize, and hope the mob outside only leaves ya in the hospital a few days. The local sheriff don't seem to mind.
                            Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                            "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                            I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by jasperjacko View Post
                              Sorry to hear that. Hate to think it may be someone watching your thread?
                              Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
                              I think the farmer or who ever the farmer talks to knows something .........

The problem with all these "social media" things like youtube, facebook, message boards, etc. is that everyone gets to see your videos and pictures, read your threads, see your location........on and on!

Sometimes it's better to just keep your mouth shut until AFTER you get the car home!

Do you have a title to the car, when it was "given" to you? Report it stolen with description and VIN number, and see what the police say. I think it is somebody you or the farmer know or has talked to.

Keep an eye on Craig's list and Ebay, it may show up, and you've found your culprit!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X