Bad News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News

Hey late b-body fans, I installed my NOS 75-76 circuit board and my lightly used tach into my cordoba tonite. The Tach worked when I tested it and I bragged about how it worked but guess what..the tach failed when installed, my nos circuit board that I took out of the box...well It just disintegrated because other than the tach, it all worked for a minute. I smelled that awful electrical smell and killed everything. MY nos, BLUE, 74-76 CIRCUIT BOARD experienced...a de-lamination from age, I would guess. Where the board is routed underneath the tach/clock opening, it looks like the lamination failed and two I guess brass lines touched and caused the burnout. Now get this...I have two red 77-79 tach pc boards that I from the bone yard years ago. Believe it or not, the red boards are...more substantial? than the blue? I am probably going to do the rewire for the redboard which makes me sick personally, but I WILL have a factory tach in the dash for my cordoba.

Well that sucks but your not beat yet! Keep at it.

Comment

That sucks. I hate that smell and it's worse when there's sparks and flames. Haven't had that bad experience on a car yet and hopefully never will, but did on a computerized machine recently.
      Good luck getting her fixed up.

Comment

hard wire in aftermarket gauges and forget the headaches! one guy on here has been doing so on a Magnum, and they look FANTASTIC!
        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Or, you could buy a brand new one, made with modern materials and processes.

http://premiumdashdecals.com/dash_ci...ards.htm#bbody
          WPC# 12304 / 1970 Plymouth Duster / 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye / 1977 Chrysler Cordoba

www.cordobaclubusa.com

Comment

Originally posted by DynoDave View Post

+1. And way cheaper than messing with more NOS or all new gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by DynoDave View Post

Thanks for that link. One of these years I'm going to get around to replacing mine. The Ammeter went out years ago and half the bulbs too.

Comment

I recommend them, I have their circuit board and white faced gauges. I think this is the same bunch as Mr. Heaterbox and Interior?

I"d go with them first.
                Last edited by Magnumguy; 07-19-2013, 08:54 AM. Reason: add content

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Working...
                X