Valve adjustment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve adjustment

Being that the Cordoba is the first Chrysler I've owned with a V8, I have no idea on the valve adjustment procedure. I keep finding conflicting answers when I Google it.

there is no valve adjustment on a Cordoba. Hydraulic lifters control the valve lash with oil pressure.
    1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
    2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

Gotcha, wasn't too sure as I kept reading conflicting answers as to when the LA engines went to hydraulic lifters.

Comment

Originally posted by Doba77 View Post
        Gotcha, wasn't too sure as I kept reading conflicting answers as to when the LA engines went to hydraulic lifters.
        Many many many moons ago....in the mid 60's or earlier. IIRC, the 273 was the last LA with solids.

Comment

Basically any V8 but 273s and Hemis '68+ had hydraulic lifters. '68 273s and '69 Hemis had solids for sure. '67-up 318s, all 340s, and all 360s had hydraulic cams from the factory.
          '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

If you want to talk about all engines, then throw the /6 in there too.....they also had solid lifters until the late 70's. Don't really remember what year was the last for them to have solids tho and really don't care lol

Comment

Working...
            X