more doba problems jeez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more doba problems jeez

ok gang here we go again blinkers quit after looking into it there is two black wires near drivers side taillight that looked like theynwas crimped as one with a connector then it looked like they was connected to the ground near taillight then found a blown fuse and blown bulb replaced both still no blinker replaced both flasher units still no blinkers looked for bare wire cant see any about to go look for another little while as to what the problem is i have a scematic and the black wires are not to ground although using a meter it appears they are shorted to ground am i missin something? off to tinker for a while thanks moparheads

OK BLACK WIRE after conector is to ground before it is not using resistance n meter to verify so does that mean problem is in the back?

Comment

agh wiring no blown fuses al bulbs good emergency flashers work but no signals so is the switch bad?

Comment

anyone wanna buy a doba good 440 rebuilt tranny good rubber ac cold etc frustrating

Comment

Don't give up on her. Check your ground wires.

Comment

Logically, if your emergency blinkers work then the wiring to flasher relay is good. Flasher relay is fed by 2 switches - emergency, and turn signal. Since emergency works, that leaves turn signal. I replaced the one in my Magnum, as well as ignition, and my advice is to go slow, and have magnetic probe available for the screws you drop down the steering column.

Comment

well today iam gonna check the bulkhead then if thats ok turn signal switch am i wrong?

Comment

BigAl, there are two separate circuits for the emergency flashers and the directionals. Be sure to check ALL the fuses with a test lamp, as they can appear to look OK, but be blown! Are your brake lights working, and do the back-up lights work?? This could give a clue!

Also, make sure your ignition switch is not sticking slightly in the start position, as this will shut off all accessories! Hope this helps!

Comment

i did check em with meter and gonna check rest of lites again update shortly

Comment

ALL lites work good as fuses

Comment

all lights good as well

Comment

main bulkhead looks good as well so iam done gonna take it to a freind of mine and hope its the cam

Comment

I'm wondering if it's the turn signal switch itself? But don't forget to check the rear end oil too I hate electrical problems....

Comment

Have you had the steering wheel and lockplate off yet? The contacts for the directionals are just thin pieces of metal slipped into thier corresponding slots in the plastic cam assembly. They get corroded, the plastic gets brittle and breaks leaving the contacts to wander around, and the signal stalk itself is only held into a plastic channel by a single screw....there's a lot to go wrong in there.
                            Can I be frank with you?
                            Alright. Who should I be then?
                            AAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Al tells me he's going to sell the Doba, and come purchase my T-Bird.
                              Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                              "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                              I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Working...
                              X