Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this? Wow.

Saw this tonight: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrys...7d7884c9#v4-36

I just saw that. Waaaay to much. Is that a 2nd antenna on the left qtr? They just aren't getting that kind of money right now, maybe never. It is nice though

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Ouch! Seems just a tad steep.

Comment

It is, unfortunately worth currently about half of the asking price. The "protectors" around the lock cylinders on the doors.. I remember them and had some on my ex's 78 cutlass. these things are like cockroaches and are indestructible!

Comment

Great looking low mileage car lots of years of driving left in that one!
          2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

I wonder why he has it advertised as a 318 engine, when the VIN says "L", E58 360??? Weren't all of the 300's the E58, 727, HD suspension, 9.25" rear?? Or is this a Canadian car??

I have a feeling he doesn't know much about the car, or hasn't had it too long.......but, at that price, I think he will be keeping it for a while! Lol!

Comment

He stated a second owner so maybe he bought it from the first and thought he could flip it and make the Barrett-Jackson bucks!

Comment

7,582 miles and it still wears the original GT radials!

Oh, wait a minute. It came with GR60's.

Console is cooked because they have a hole and something drilled into it.
                Door gaps and stripes are not lined up. Build quality was terrible back then, but not that terrible. Also, the gap/sag does not matchthe stripe dip, so it's not that there was a droop. Even if there was, the door is drooped when closed? Nahhhh ( ahem, power window switch on door panel way out of skew as well, for what it's worth). Vents on fenders out of alignment. A lot of this tells me repaint or body work, etc.

Not undercoating underneath. If it were, the leaf spring would be coated fully, not line taped. *rattles a can of matte black paint*

The Sears fog lights are actually period correct. Not factory, but perod. Oddly, I say that's fair ( coulda NOT drilled holes in the bumpers to mount, but it was "just a cordoba" back in the day. Just a normal car that came in for added foglights, so to speak. I feel the same about the door lock protectors. Cheap and chintzy? Yes. But period correct for the time.

Pwr brake booster ad set-up not original. Common issue with these cars due to rotting from the backside, but that happened with water entry. Not from sitting in a garage.

exhaust recently replaced, not original ( sorry.... I'm going to get picky if this is supposed to be the pinnacle top-dollar example). For that fact, it doesn't hold any original belts or hoses at all. Yes, they dry rot. But not a one? All fresh rubber and a bright blue engine with no surface rust from sitting for 33 yrs. Hrmmmm

The jack has been on the pass rear bumper. It happens only from a tire change, not from factory set. The bumper shock bolts were notoriously under-torqued from the factory and people complained after a tire change that the car looked "hit" afterwards. Why change a tire on a 7,000 mile car?

With that said, knowing what I know or where my gut is leading me, I would say thank you for the time and letting me see the car. I'm not saying an odometer roll, but I'm saying it's not totally original and worth the money.

Of course, having one in the garage, I also say "I hope he gets a million kajillion 11ty tybillion dollars for it because it will only make that one worth only half that much :P "

Comment

Is that a Charger SE emblem on the fender?

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post
                    7,582 miles and it still wears the original GT radials!

Oh, wait a minute. It came with GR60's.

Console is cooked because they have a hole and something drilled into it.
                    Door gaps and stripes are not lined up. Build quality was terrible back then, but not that terrible. Also, the gap/sag does not matchthe stripe dip, so it's not that there was a droop. Even if there was, the door is drooped when closed? Nahhhh ( ahem, power window switch on door panel way out of skew as well, for what it's worth). Vents on fenders out of alignment. A lot of this tells me repaint or body work, etc.

Not undercoating underneath. If it were, the leaf spring would be coated fully, not line taped. *rattles a can of matte black paint*

The Sears fog lights are actually period correct. Not factory, but perod. Oddly, I say that's fair ( coulda NOT drilled holes in the bumpers to mount, but it was "just a cordoba" back in the day. Just a normal car that came in for added foglights, so to speak. I feel the same about the door lock protectors. Cheap and chintzy? Yes. But period correct for the time.

Pwr brake booster ad set-up not original. Common issue with these cars due to rotting from the backside, but that happened with water entry. Not from sitting in a garage.

exhaust recently replaced, not original ( sorry.... I'm going to get picky if this is supposed to be the pinnacle top-dollar example). For that fact, it doesn't hold any original belts or hoses at all. Yes, they dry rot. But not a one? All fresh rubber and a bright blue engine with no surface rust from sitting for 33 yrs. Hrmmmm

The jack has been on the pass rear bumper. It happens only from a tire change, not from factory set. The bumper shock bolts were notoriously under-torqued from the factory and people complained after a tire change that the car looked "hit" afterwards. Why change a tire on a 7,000 mile car?

With that said, knowing what I know or where my gut is leading me, I would say thank you for the time and letting me see the car. I'm not saying an odometer roll, but I'm saying it's not totally original and worth the money.

Of course, having one in the garage, I also say "I hope he gets a million kajillion 11ty tybillion dollars for it because it will only make that one worth only half that much :P "
                    Has a nice interior for you. Buy it for parts.
                    1971 Challenger - Autocross & Track Day Project
                    2015 Dart GT 6spd - Daily Driver

Comment

POS trying to command a high price. he doesn't even know what he has, Ill offer $100 bux for it and he pays the shipping.
                      Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                      "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                      I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

yes it is i have those on my Charger SE.... for now

Comment

Relisted @ a more reasonable price.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

I don't see what the problem is with asking whatever price you want for something. Sure the car is not perfect, but they were never perfect even when new. That interior looks to fit the mileage to me, at least in the photos. Seems like everyone likes to pick the late 70's-80's mopars apart while giving the older ones a free pass. My 68 coronet has 59k, but it drives no where near as well as my 81 cordoba ls. In my opinion, what's not worth the asking price is any new car. A year after you buy it, it drops a 1/3 or more in value. At least that 300 is not going down in value.

Comment

Of course the guy can ask whatever he wants. But, I'm sure you've noticed, ANY asking price will draw comments from car-guys. A low price will get "Jump on it!". Too high draws fire in the form of criticism of the car, the seller, the seller's heritage, and the seller's mental health status.
                              It's like getting in front of a crowd to sing karaoke: you'll be congratulated and commended if you do well, but if you really suck, and are too drunk to remember the words even tho they're right there in front of you (not that I've ever had that happen, of course), you're open to criticism and ridicule from the peanut gallery. That's life.
                              I don't think the dude will get much over 6 or 7 G, but he can always hope to hit the high notes just right and end up a hero.
                              Can I be frank with you?
                              Alright. Who should I be then?
                              AAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X