Operation: Beached Whale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dodgeboy8 View Post
    The 318 intake will have smaller ports won't really matter but blending to match the 360 heads would help maybe not much but???? I have ran them both ways 360 intake in 318 and 318 on 360 with no real problems.
    Exactly, I was thinking of gasket matching everything and calling it done.

Comment

LOL on the intake I would taper it back about 1" to smooth out the transition. the heads could probably use some gasket matching too!

Comment

If it sat that long dry, the gas tank is probably a real rusty mess. When I got my Magnum it had sat indoors for three or four years and the gas evaporated. I put a new fuel pump, filter, carb and intake on it, filled it up, and it ran good initially. Drove it 600 miles from Iowa to Michigan. A few weeks later it started staving for gas. The fuel filter was completely plugged. The tank and lines were all full of rust.

I was able to save the lines, but had to have the tank sandblasted and coated in plastic (couldn't find a new one)

Comment

She sat for 16 years. We had it up and going bypassing the tank but unfortunately the car was stolen while we were on vacation a couple weeks ago. Never even got a chance to clean out the tank!

Comment

Gotta go after them horse thieves!!

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

did you have it fully covered? Find the SOB and shoot them.

Comment

Working...
              X