No announcement yet.

78 Magnum Force GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Magnum arrived. Good points, bad points but it is a 35 yr old car. Cut me some slack. As someone commented previously, it does not have landau roof (I would have removed it anyway) and no a/c. But the bondo statement is unfair. It is bondo free and arrow straight! And I did pay more than $4000 for it, but thats ok, its worth it. Now that its mine, I take these comments as an insult. Oh well, I love it and thats all that matters. Its people like that, that keep people like me, with imperfect cars, from showing them because they dont need someone knit picking all the things that I know are wrong with it!!

Comment

If you love it, that's all that matters. It's not all about "investment". I had people say I shouldn't have spent the time on my 81 cordoba, but I really enjoy this car, and have put on 4000 miles since getting it on the road last august. Enjoy the car.

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force View Post
        The Magnum arrived. Good points, bad points but it is a 35 yr old car. Cut me some slack. As someone commented previously, it does not have landau roof (I would have removed it anyway) and no a/c. But the bondo statement is unfair. It is bondo free and arrow straight! And I did pay more than $4000 for it, but thats ok, its worth it. Now that its mine, I take these comments as an insult. Oh well, I love it and thats all that matters. Its people like that, that keep people like me, with imperfect cars, from showing them because they dont need someone knit picking all the things that I know are wrong with it!!
        you know what I say about people with factory correct cars? No Imagination!!! They want a "me too" car. When I get my charger repainted (it is burgundy) I am updating to the stratus/mitubishi color, deleting the vinyl top, adding a "Go Wing", 5 spoke Summit Racing gun metal rims, deleting the bumperetts, fagish hood ornament, adding a six pack hood scoop, flat black hood and rear trunk panel, and changing the emblems to the old style Charger emblems and a "Mopar" emblem in place of the "Dodge" emblem in the grille. It was a 2 barrel car with dealer installed A/C. I removed the A/C, put in a bigger cam, dual exhaust, posi rear end, deleted the EGR, Carter 750 cfm AFB, dual roller timing chain, Edlebrock Air gap manifold and Mopar performance air cleaner and valve covers, oh and I hate the sissy blue motors so I painted it black. Will it be original, no, but it will be an original. I might even find someone to make me a custom instument panel with all mechanical guages..... So enjoy your car you can make it what ever you want.....

Comment

All that matters is if you like it. Figuring it spend most of it's life down south means alot. And obviously it did.

I think it looks pretty good from pictures. As I stated, I had some knowledge of the car at one point. What is important is if the seller didn't mislead you.

Enjoy!! Just wished you lived in Ohio so we could show them together.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Magnumm guys, there is an article about the 78-79 Magnums in the new Collectible Automobile that subscribers got today. Nice article by Jeff Goodshall with facts & figures including King Richards racing experience

Comment

They did Magnums in their "Future Collectibles" section several years ago. Can you get copies of that? I used to subscribe to it, but I've not seen it around for a long time.

bringin' em back ~ to the Dodge Mahal !!....

Where old Magnums can find a home.. :angel:

Comment

Working...
              X